Which of these 3 new computers will run IClone 7 b?est

Posted By rightdecis 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
rightdecis
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I've posted a few threads mentioning my current computer runs IClone 7 but the graphics card is too outdated to support the Global Illumination feature which I really want for my movies. I read the best (and only) thing to do is to buy a new computer to update the graphics card. I read the specific and recommended system requirements for IClone 7 including the graphics card. These are the three laptop computers I've narrowed down that I think meet the requirements:

Dell Flagship Inspiron

Dell Inspiron

Lenovo

I would like to have the opinions of anyone who may be an expert in this area once again before I make my final decisions. 

I make my dreams into movies.

Edited
7 Years Ago by rightdecis
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
Look for one with Nvidia GTX graphics. You'll be much happier with the performance.
rightdecis
rightdecis
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Thank you for your response. I looked on Amazon with Nvidia GTX graphics in mind further and found these three. I was recommended by my family I should purchase either a Dell or an HP. Which of these three affordable ones would be best:

Dell Inspiron
HP ENVY
CUK HP

Update:
And I just found this one that is a gaming dell.

Please look at them and let me know ASAP.

Edited
7 Years Ago by rightdecis
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
This was on my radar:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/msi-gs-series-stealth-pro-15-6-laptop-intel-core-i7-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-1tb-hdd-256gb-ssd-aluminum-black/5712735.p?skuId=5712735
Higher price, but very solid system.

Started to get way too tempted.  Why didn't I buy it?
I have a very solid desktop computer, and a fairly lame old laptop.  This would have been a luxury item that I can't really justify at all.  It was worth the modey just so I could play with iClone in different rooms while at home.  So I forced myself to be satisfied with what I have.

(P.S. Too bad you didn't ask a few days ago.  It looks like the nice sale ended.  Best Buy prices to Sunday-to-Sunday.  Still a nice laptop, and quite lightweight.  Some good recommendations in the Best Buy user reviews about uninstalling the bundled software crap, and actually undervolting the CPU a notch to improve the temps without noticeably affecting performance)

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
7 Years Ago by justaviking
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

If you want an HP, then this would be a good choice.
https://www.amazon.com/HP-15-ax250wm-i7-7700HQ-Processor-Graphics/dp/B076DXN42V/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1511732957&sr=1-6&keywords=1050ti+laptop

For iClone, I suggest you do not go below an Nvidia GTX 1050ti for graphics because of the 4gig of VRAM the card offers. It can also handle the VXGI much better. This one has that, and also 12 gig on main memory.

Other good brands for gaming laptops are ASUS, Acer, MSI, Lenovo, to name a few.

Here is a list of gaming computers on Amazon with the Nvidia GTX 1050ti. There are some 1050 mixed in, but try to stick to the "ti" model for the extra VRAM.
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=1050ti+laptop

rightdecis
rightdecis
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Justaviking: I could never afford the one at BestBuy.

As for that HP one available at Amazon that RAMPA showed me I like it, I think it might be affordable. But what about this Dell Inspiron which a few hundred less? Would you recommend it also?

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

That dell is the not "ti" model. That is actually really important! You need the extra VRAM.
rightdecis
rightdecis
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Alright. Thank you. I just hope I can afford the HP. If that is all that you know of in the way of HP and Dell?

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Oops. Misread that. sorry.

Hope you can afford the HP Omen.
Edited
7 Years Ago by Rampa
rightdecis
rightdecis
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Would this one also work with IClone 7?

Reading This Topic