Profile Picture

This is currently the best crowd generator to use with iClone, and on sale!

Posted By Rampa 7 Years Ago
Rated 3.7 stars based on 3 votes.

This is currently the best crowd generator to use with iClone, and on...

Author
Jfrog
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
It's now at at $249 US. So perhaps it was a error  and they corrected it.

Ryzen R9 5950x, RTX 3090, 128Gb Ram ,2 x 2 TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 SSD

Horror Stories in VR
Immersive Sound VR
Immersive Sound VR on Oculus TV

JimmyB7
JimmyB7
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
First of all, thank you Dr. Nemesis, saved me over $60.  The order from CGRiver did take over 24 hours to complete but it was worth the wait.  Secondly,  The first thing I tried with the licensed Anima 3 was to export the 50 actor crowd Demo called Evermotion Archexteriors-028 at the 1800 frames provided.  It took a good while to export to FBX and the resulting file size was about 247 MB.  I set 3DXchange to import at the suggested 5 fps, and low and behold it imported beautifully. And after a short transfer delay it exported nicely to iClone 7.1.

I've attached a quick and dirty video I made using the Anima 3.0, 50 actor crowd with no changes.  This video is only for demonstration purposes just to show a somewhat extreme pipeline effort can be done.

CyberpowerPC, 64 GB Ram, 64bit Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i9-10980XE 18 Core CPU,  ASUS TUF X299 Mark 1 Motherboard, ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G-GAMING graphics card, Toshiba 3TB hard drive, 3 x Seagate 3TB hard drives, RAGNAROK 801 Full Tower, LEPA G1600 1600W power supply, Killer WI-FI 6,  ASUS PA329Q 32" 4K/UHD IPS Monitor.
Dr. Nemesis
Dr. Nemesis
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
rollasoc (11/28/2017)Followed your link and purchased.  Slightly worried, the download was a readme file saying, we are working on it.  Took about 24 hours for the email from axyz with the serial key and the product to be added to my account (which I had setup to download the demo).

No need to worry. Takes about 48 hours. First they open you an account, then Axyz put your details in there. Mine came in this morning, I've tested it and all is legit.
I live in Canada so the Euros price was just too high for me. It was worth taking the leap. I'll be keeping an eye for more sales there in future.

JfrogIt's now at at $249 US. So perhaps it was a error  and they corrected it. 

I think it was some additional Cyber Monday sale adding on to their pre-existing sale. Now that the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale is done, the awesome price is understandably gone.

JimmBFirst of all, thank you Dr. Nemesis, saved me over $60...

I'm glad to have helped!
As for my experience so far, I haven't exported since registering but what I tried of the demo was very good. Had some trouble importing to Iclone at first but once I figured that out, it was pretty amazing. Questioning whether I need to import any additional guys. One of the reasons I bought this was that it seemed I wouldn't need to, as they provide a good number of people to start with. Other than the guy with a target on his shirt making it obvious that there's colour swapping going on, the tool does a pretty job of making varied looking crowd.
Normally I wouldn't have spent this on such a specialized tool but I counted the number of scenes in my movie that would use it and the investment became worthwhile.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 21 minutes ago
Dr. Nemesis (11/28/2017)
[quote][b] the tool does a pretty job of making varied looking crowd.
Normally I wouldn't have spent this on such a specialized tool but I counted the number of scenes in my movie that would use it and the investment became worthwhile.

It's VERY surprising how much adding 20 or 30 folks to your background helps with a convincing animation, something that can't be done easily (or at all) without a product like this.  I also love how the randomness of the AI helps with the convincing (one of the things that most folks can't do very well is create such random effects -- when we get Python scripting we should be able to do similar things with objects, like vehicles, but doing realistic walks and pauses and avoidances like this product does effortlessly would be nearly impossible otherwise).

Rampa has once again come through and helped the iClone community greatly.  Thanks, again, for starting this thread and giving at least three or four of us the chance to bring our animations up to the next level.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
gordryd
gordryd
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

Last Active: Today @ 2:45 AM
Is it possible to import a character into Anima with a prop (say, a soldier with a rifle)?  I've read through the Anima doc but didn't see this mentioned.  If it worked, it would be an easy way to create a whole platoon at once...

Reallusion Certified Director / Reallusion Best Visual Award / Reallusion Certified Content Developer
See all the G-Tools Plug-Ins available for iClone here: G-Tools Plug-Ins

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 58 minutes ago
Any accessory on your character will be part of the FBX export from 3DX, CC, or iClone. If the rifle is attached, your good to go.

You can also attach rifle props to any bone in the imported FBX. So you can attach it to any particular soldier's hand. The FBX crowd is skeletal, so you can adjust its bones on the animation layer as well.
animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: Today @ 1:40 AM
I have been looking for a crowd generator for a long time, so I'm pleased with this find. I could even have gotten it cheaper, but that's OK. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Dr. Nemesis
Dr. Nemesis
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Kelleytoons (11/28/2017)It's VERY surprising how much adding 20 or 30 folks to your background helps with a convincing animation, something that can't be done easily (or at all) without a product like this.  I also love how the randomness of the AI helps with the convincing (one of the things that most folks can't do very well is create such random effects -- when we get Python scripting....

Haha, doing 20-30 background characters would take me more time than it's worth and it wouldn't look this natural.

And it's funny, I did consider wether building something like this inside Iclone with Python would be a better option.
I thought the script could generate paths and place walk animations on characters. The difficulty is that Anima is actually using AI and good animation blending to do stairs, and avoidance of other characters and the no go areas. That's what makes it look natural and not just a bunch of people playing animations. I'd never be able to code that myself.

I'm really looking forward to more Python info so I can stop having to guess everything though.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 21 minutes ago
Yeah, I've been evaluating Anima for almost a year now, and during that time I considered how much programming it would take me to emulate this.  Would be staggering and just not worth it in any way shape or form.

I still intend to do some traffic emulation, perhaps building on the open source of that Blender code (which is Python already).  Vehicles won't require as much care since you don't have to worry about foot slippage and other such things.  But even there I might think it's better to spend my time doing other things (particularly when I haven't much time left here).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
rogyru
rogyru
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Can some one please post a working expample inside of Iclone along with a foreground scence running at a steady FPS.Hate to see people spend money on a porduct that is not ready to work inside of ilcone
thanks Smile

Reading This Topic