Profile Picture

This is currently the best crowd generator to use with iClone, and on sale!

Posted By Rampa 7 Years Ago
Rated 3.7 stars based on 3 votes.

This is currently the best crowd generator to use with iClone, and on...

Author
mtakerkart
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
they might be able to work out an iClone plug-in 

That's exactly what I thought when I saw this app. I'll have no problem to pay for that. But for now it's not my priority....
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Here are 2 tries:

The first one was default setting from Anima, then imported from 3DX to iClone with max map @2048x 2048.  The animation could not be transferred over, kept saying "out of memory" (32 bit thing probably).
The resolution I think also stuttered somehow the video, it looks jittery, not smooth, full-screen @30FPS.  Not sure what that unwanted effect is called, when panning cam on 3D objects gets jittery-stuttery looking.

This second one was exported default setting from Anima, then imported from 3DX to iClone with max map of 256x256.  In this case the animation was transferred over, and I looped the 4 seconds over and over again.  I did adjust certain things when exporting placement wise from Anima, but why some character animations got messed up I don't know, because that was not what was being displayed in Anima upon play back. 
But oh well...!

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Did you import at 30fps?  The normal default in XChange is 24fps, and if you don't import at the proper rate it will look jittery like that.

I've never had any issues with jittery playback when imported at the right frame rate.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
JimmyB7
JimmyB7
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
30fps import into 3DXchange fixed my problem.  I thought it was the export settings in Anima.  Thanks Kelleytoons.

CyberpowerPC, 64 GB Ram, 64bit Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i9-10980XE 18 Core CPU,  ASUS TUF X299 Mark 1 Motherboard, ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G-GAMING graphics card, Toshiba 3TB hard drive, 3 x Seagate 3TB hard drives, RAGNAROK 801 Full Tower, LEPA G1600 1600W power supply, Killer WI-FI 6,  ASUS PA329Q 32" 4K/UHD IPS Monitor.
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
With the 3DX memory limitation, it is a good idea to keep your textures really small, or leave them out entirely. You can add them iClone, if need be.

It's a good idea to have your export FPS and import FPS the same. Although you can safely reduce the FPS by half, and be pretty-much OK. The FPS is setting keys, not animation frames, so your thinning the data if you do that.

I posted this thread after I saw that they have a UE4 plugin for it. I then thought to mention it to RL. But I like to mention all kinds of interesting things. Wink
animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 12 hours ago
When I tested the demo back in June, I exported and imported at 12 fps, which helped smooth the motions. The idea is that there is some space for interpolation. Unless the motions are very fast, 12 fps is enough resolution.

Here is a comparison video I did at the time with 30 fps followed by 12 fps:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Rampa (11/25/2017)
With the 3DX memory limitation, it is a good idea to keep your textures really small, or leave them out entirely. You can add them iClone, if need be.

It's a good idea to have your export FPS and import FPS the same. Although you can safely reduce the FPS by half, and be pretty-much OK. The FPS is setting keys, not animation frames, so your thinning the data if you do that.

I posted this thread after I saw that they have a UE4 plugin for it. I then thought to mention it to RL. But I like to mention all kinds of interesting things. Wink

As I said earlier, I talked with the Anima people and they seem very accommodating.  I suspect they may even consider an iClone plugin.  But it isn't necessary, as we can manage things with XChange if, as you say, we watch out for texture issues.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)

rogyrue (11/25/2017)

Its a waste of money and time for Iclone users  its not designed to be used with Iclone and i dont know why any one would try to recommend it to a iclone user. Sure its great in Vray in Max are in Maya . No harm in messing around with it but to say its the best crowd simulator to use in iclone is just wrong and misleading

Don't be jealous...you will make something good too when you join us in hailing the might of AXYZ Anima and start using it...
Besides, how can it be wrong if it feels so right!...
Edited
7 Years Ago by TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Rampa (11/25/2017)

Wow, this does look like what my 2nd clip had! 
Just a technical question, is it adjusting frame rate from Anima, or changing frame rate in 3DXchange upon import?

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
I exported from Anima at 30, and imported at only 5. It looked fine. If they are moving faster, you need a bit higher.

Reading This Topic