ALIEN - The Message WIP Diary

Posted By thedirector1974 7 Years Ago
Rated 4.1 stars based on 10 votes.
Author
Am7add9
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago

quick tip:
you can get different types of shake
by linking the camera to a activated breast bone and adjusting
mass, strength and bounciness (and motion used)

funny but true!

Edited
5 Years Ago by Telecaster
3Aliens
3Aliens
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
This looks amazing!
Rottadamic
Rottadamic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: 7 days ago
you can buy ripley on daz studio now
https://www.daz3d.com/revel-hd-for-genesis-8-female

My Youtube Channel

jarretttowe
jarretttowe
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Give us a still render with iray!
thedirector1974
thedirector1974
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Wow. This "Ripley" character looks amazing. It get's very close to the young actress ...

@jarretttowe
As soon as I have the plugin, I will do some renders, but I won't shoot the whole movie in iRay ...

Direx
pedrosura
pedrosura
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)

Last Active: 6 days ago
Wow, great production... Looking forward to it. 
thedirector1974
thedirector1974
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)

UPDATE 03/21/2019

Hi folks,
it's been a while since I wrote here, but this doesn't mean that I am not working on the movie. I do. Every time I can.

WHAT IS FINISHED RIGHT NOW?

After such a long time of silence it is wise to look back and see what was achieved during the almost two years of production. First of all I reached a big milestone, because the first half of the movie is almost done. There is one tiny scene I can't render right now, because the set isn't finished yet. But I have almost 20 minutes of footage rendered and edited. That means 20 minutes of the movie is done!!! When I look at the script I will have about the same amount of minutes to go. So I expect the movie to be more than 40 minutes long in the end. I had to extend one scene a bit, to have another big confrontation with the alien and I will need some additional lines from the actrees, who did the role of EMILY. I plan to do this in april, after my vacation. I also will start the sound editing of the finished sequences. the first three minutes are done arleady and if you haven't seen it, here is the link to the sequence ...

WHAT'S GOING ON RIGHT NOW?

During the last three days I had to do a job I normally never do. I had to retexture my main character EMILY. After the big confrontation between here and the alien, she had contact with the acid blood of the xenomorph. If you familiar with the lore, you know haw nasty this blood can be to human tissue. So I had to create the injuries and the marks of the acid on her flightsuit. So I searched via google for fake wounds and injuries. Why fake ones? You know - real wounds and injuries look very disgusting, but fake injuries - made for TV or movies - have a certain artistic style and so they are watchable.
In the last three days I spend a lot of time switching between Photoshop, iClone and B2M to create those injuries.

Here is a small video to showcase the result of this work ...

Now I am able to do the scenes for the last minutes of my movie. There is a big part I can't work on right now, because the sets are still under construction and so I hav to concentrate on the things I can do right now. Finishing the injuries of EMILY was a vital point to get more options to do something on the movie.

HOW LONG UNTIL THE MOVIE IS FINISHED?

I do what I can. You can be sure of that. I know, I will have less time during the summer time starting in june until late october this year. That doesnt mean I won't work on the movie, but it will take much longer to finish scenes, because of the shortage of spare time. In late autmn I will have more time (so I hope) and I think I will have the sets to start the big middle part of the movie. If anything goes as planned, I think I will be finished in spring 2020.

That's it for now and as usual, here are some screens from the final movie, showcasing the sequences I was working on the last months ...

Greeetings, Direx

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fca05a09-c4a9-47d8-b2f2-84db.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/8bd54f52-af1a-4112-b0ad-e657.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/3ae02661-a228-434e-a3a5-405e.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/28631218-f623-4453-a48b-1d27.jpg

charly Rama
charly Rama
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
Very good job Direx.
Time is not important when we see the good result. Take all the time you need , we'll enjoy to see this. Really professional. A good model for icloners

thedirector1974
thedirector1974
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

UPDATE 07/14/2019

Hi Folks,

as usual, I have a busy summer doing editing shows and movies. But I really want to get going with my project, so I use every time I can spare to work on the movie.
Right now - about 24 minutes are finished. I am currently working on the last minutes of the film, because I still don't have the sets for the middle part of the movie. Right now, this is not a problem, because I still have plenty of scenes to do. This weekend I started with an action piece I had written only some weeks ago.

Why?

Because I looked over the script and I realized that the action comes to short in the final minutes of the movie. It felt not right, so I wrote some action in the movie. It will require to get back to the actress who playes the leading role to do some more lines. Next week I will work this out, so I can finish the scene. In the meantime I will do all the parts which will not require additional voice work.

My plan is to finish all the scenes for the ending of the movie until late october. Problem is, I have to edit a movie which will come to the (german) cinemas. That meands a lot of work, even on weekends. I really hope I can find time for my project.

As usual I will finish this post with some screens from the scene I worked on over the weekend ...

until next time ...

Direx

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cbe70a27-638f-4b00-8497-2dda.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c3167a00-d382-45e9-9940-a840.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/448320c3-0bc4-4314-9bfc-3605.jpg

thebiz.movies
thebiz.movies
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)

Last Active: 18 minutes ago
Here's hoping for a efficient and productive summer Rene.  Love the stills!

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c02c75f8-9ae1-4091-b8e9-2175.gifhttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4c56836b-f19d-4836-8a16-6370.gif

Reading This Topic