ALIEN - The Message WIP Diary

Posted By thedirector1974 7 Years Ago
Rated 4.1 stars based on 10 votes.
Author
Rogue Anime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
thedirector1974 (1/24/2018)
The Casting is over. I made my decision

Direx - WOW! Did not know you were casting - Too bad I missed out on THAT! I'm a 30yr voice acting vet. I do games, animation & lots of narration, talking toys, etc. Let me know if you need any back-up. Send me a PM if you're ever interested, and I'll send you to my voice talent website.  Best of luck, your movie looks absolutely stunning, I would LOVE to have been a part of it..Crying  ~V~

Val RogueAnanda
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e82de505-c57a-40b9-8cb0-9f87.png

GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
@thedirector1974

I've always been a big fan of yours, and your ALIEN project comfort me with that feeling especially now that I know we do have the exact same opinion about the Alien old/new generation movies ; )

I can't wait to see the final result, you have all my support and encouragements. If I can help in any way, please ask.

Discovering your project (recently because I was away from iClone for some times) re-boosted my own motivation and inspiration, so I also wanted to thank you for that.

Cheers,
Guy.

ps: regarding the issue with glow maps, if I were you I would not use those at all and rely solely on HDR glow, I found it more clean and reliable, no artifact so far in 7.2:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c0c2c0c9-bb53-402b-bb0a-f02f.jpg

--
guy rabiller | GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
"N.O.E." (Nations Of Earth) Sci-Fi TV Show, Showrunner.

Edited
6 Years Ago by grabiller
thedirector1974
thedirector1974
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)

Last Active: 9 days ago
Wow. Very nice set. Where is this from? Did you render this with iClone?
You know, I tried to let go of the glow maps, but without them I can't get any glow effect at all. So how do I create the HDR effect in iClone without any glow maps?

Direx

P.S. Nice to see you back on iClone ...
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)

thedirector1974 (1/27/2018)
Wow. Very nice set. Where is this from? Did you render this with iClone?../..

Rendered with iClone 7.2 + post grading. The set is called "Sci-Fi Crew Quarters" from the artist Stonemason from the Daz3D marketplace.

thedirector1974 (1/27/2018)
../..You know, I tried to let go of the glow maps, but without them I can't get any glow effect at all. So how do I create the HDR effect in iClone without any glow maps?../..

First, to avoid glow maps, all surfaces that are supposed to emit lights must have their own Material (the entire surface Material will emit light). Then the Material must have its "Self Illumination" parameter greater than 0 (here all are at 100). Then if you use GI, set the "Glow/Self-Illumination Scale" to 10 for a start. Once you have prepared your surface(s) Material this way, then enable HDR in the Visual section with default parameters value (no tone mapping, no glare). Just adjust the "Threshold* level (here I've lowered it to 20) and the *Bloom Scale* value (here at 5) to your liking.

The drawback of this approach is that you have to separate the surface/material of all your light emitting areas. But this way, once done, no more artifact (at least for me and so far..).

--

Edited
6 Years Ago by grabiller
thedirector1974
thedirector1974
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)

UPDATE 02/02/2018

Hi folks,

some quick update on the project.
Casting process is done. I have all the audio files and now I can do the scenes, which contain dialogue.
I make good progress. I finished the first half of a bigger scene in the communiction room. Some days ago I got a new set from my friend Andreas. He finished the cockpit of the spaceship and it looks amazing.
I reworked some of the lighting and within the last days I contructed the sourrounding planet surface of LV-426.

Here are two pictures, both take directly from iclone. No postprocessing effects ...

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/3d65b9cc-be62-4abf-b4f0-0789.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5214a659-89b4-4070-9e1b-d6f0.jpg

Until next time ...

Direx
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

:BigGrin Very nice. No more glow maps ?

--

mark
mark
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
It's going to be fantastic!!!BigGrin

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

thedirector1974
thedirector1974
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

grabiller (2/2/2018)

A lot of them. I really like those glow maps. It's just a matter of how strong they shine. There is a lot of fine tuning involved, but when it's done right, it will look great ...
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

thedirector1974 (2/3/2018)
grabiller (2/2/2018)

A lot of them. I really like those glow maps. It's just a matter of how strong they shine. There is a lot of fine tuning involved, but when it's done right, it will look great ...

Have you considered to do the glows in post to have better control and avoid issues during *shooting* ?

--

Peaches Chrenko
Peaches Chrenko
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Smile Looks A m a z i n g Can't wait!  I subscribed to this post. Looking forward to following your excellent work Smile  ~Peaches Chrenko~

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

iBUYPOWER Phantom Gamer WA502i Desktop PC: Win 10 64bit - Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 24GB RAM (max 32 GB) - Intel Skylake Core i5-6600K Quad-Core Processor - 3.50 GHz,  (Max Turbo Speed of 3.90 GHz),  Int HD 1TB & WD 1TB Int HD

Reading This Topic