ALIEN - The Message WIP Diary

Posted By thedirector1974 7 Years Ago
Rated 4.1 stars based on 10 votes.
Author
4u2ges
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 hours ago
Amazing and good luck!

thedirector1974
thedirector1974
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
UPDATE 04/11/20

JUST ONE SHOT TO GO ...

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/faf08e63-ea79-44ab-b693-a989.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/30029804-c5ef-40c9-84d2-ca41.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/3e468cbb-e05b-4a2b-a49c-d650.jpg
kungphu
kungphu
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Good gravy the director... these look amazing!!!! Can’t wait for the full film!!!!!

My "NEWEST" LatestSmile  Movie Made With Amaaaazing iClone

—> High Noon”ish” in Narrow Valley<—

thedirector1974
thedirector1974
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)

UPDATE 04/12/2020

Hi folks,

today would be a great day, if we wouldn't have the crazy pandemic situation worldwide ...
I just did render the last shot for my movie "Alien - The Message". Now there is no black hole in my timeline. Everything is rendered. It feels great to achive this, but on the other hand it feels weird concerning the situation we are all facing right now. This virus killed all my business within days and so I had a lot of time to finish the movie. Strange times indeed, that's for sure.

This is how my video editing timeline looks like right now ...
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cb9896a0-07e5-4a79-88e9-221d.jpg

You can see that there is still something to do. I have to work out the audio for at least 22 minutes. This will be my main focus for the next two weeks ...

IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE TO DO?

Yes. There is. I already spotted a lot of small thing I'd like to change. So after finishing the principal shoot, I will return within the next days and do some reshoots to tweak things here and there.
When I am finished with all the audio work, I will start to create a trailer for this movie to promote the premiere in june 2020. I haven't figured out the specific date yet, but I think I will release thi in the beginning of June.

And I will do some media work too. The "Alien" franchise is well known and I used a lot of assets from the game "Alien Isolation", so I think I can catch some attention from the usual media outlets. My goal is to widen the possible ausience for this movie, reaching out of the bubble, so to say ...

I made it. 42:30 minutes. After three years. What a ride ...

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/eb6e448f-cca7-44d0-bdf2-a17f.jpg

This picture was taken from the last scene I rendered today ...

Greeings, Direx

thebiz.movies
thebiz.movies
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Awesome news Rene, I cannot wait to see the results!

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c02c75f8-9ae1-4091-b8e9-2175.gifhttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4c56836b-f19d-4836-8a16-6370.gif

Dan Miller
Dan Miller
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)

Last Active: 8 days ago
thedirector1974

I think what you're doing is great and you're light years ahead of me. Isn't there a concern about using the IP? Maybe I'm missing something.

The "Alien" franchise is well known and I used a lot of assets from the game "Alien Isolation",

It's helpful that you shared the images.
thedirector1974
thedirector1974
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

@danmiller
This is a fan film and it will be labeled as this. There is no monetization involved and I don't intend to do such a thing. There are a lot of "Alien" fanfilms on youtube and it seems no problem as long as you don't make any buck of it. Disney doesn't care right now and so I hope I can have this on youtube as well. If the mouse is taken legal action, of course I have to remove it from youtube ...

Direx
Dan Miller
Dan Miller
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)

Last Active: 8 days ago
thedirector1974

Oh ok, got it. I really like what you're doing there and I didn't think of doing a fan film. It might be a great way to build a community.
toystorylab
toystorylab
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
Wow, almost done...
I'm very, very curious! w00t

Toystorylab on Vimeo : https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ce44ea78-6984-47d8-9bf4-b783.png    Crassitudes (my "Alter Ego") on Youtube: https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fcc4df30-b3a8-40a5-a427-0735.png

thedirector1974
thedirector1974
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

UPDATE    04/15/2022

Hi folks,

there is a kind of review out there for my movie "Alien - The Message".
The people from completelymachinima.com talked about the movie in theier latest podcast release. They also reviewed reviewed an older movie from Warlord called "The sniper". It's from 2009 and was done with iClone 4. So, if you are interested what they have to say about those movies, here is the link to the youtube version of the podcast:

And if you interested in more infos about the production, there will be an interview online. It premieres on youtube on 04/21/2022 9pm CET. Here is the link:

And here is the link to the new 4K version of "Alien - The Message" in case you haven't seen that ...

Greetings, Direx

Edited
2 Years Ago by thedirector1974

Reading This Topic