OFFICIAL 3DXchange 7.1 Issues Thread

Posted By Peter (RL) 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Dear 3DXchange Users,

We have another new 3DXchange 7 update and need your continued assistance to help us track down any remaining bugs, glitches or other annoying issues. 

3DXchange 7.1 comes with a number of important fixes and enhancements.

Important: If you do find any bugs, issues or glitches in the 7.1 update, please can you report them first in the Feedback Tracker. Then feel free to discuss the issues in this thread. However do make use of the Feedback Tracker first to log the issue.

As always it will help us greatly if we can keep all outstanding issue discussion in the one place (this thread). This will help the development team keep track of any problems.

Please do try to provide your full system specifications and a detailed description of the problem when reporting issues. If you can provide steps so we can try and reproduce the problem this will be even better.

Many Thanks. Smile                 

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

bcmorris
bcmorris
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Mixamo FBX Convert to Non-Standard not working for me after updating!

After installing the 7. 1 update the Mixamo Animation - Convert to Non-Standard (Characterization) no longer works at all. It was working in 7.02 (after switching the Presets) but in 7.1 the exact same FBX will not convert. I also tried loading in the "Maya Human-IK_Mixamo01" Characterization profile (and all the others) but it gives an error stating that there are incompatible bones so the character will not be activated.
See the Issue report on the Feedback Tracker here.

This is really annoying as I updated to get access to the Iclone Curve Editor plug-in and didn't even need to update 3DXchange. Can I rollback 3dXchange to 7.02, keep Iclone at 7.1 and maintain the "send to functions?

bcmorris
bcmorris
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)

Okay...I was able to map the imported Mixamo FBX bones manually and then "convert to non-standard" character, but all the animations are broke. This includes the previews in the Character setup area and the animations loaded in with the FBX. 3dXchange keeps the animation set to 1 frame after leaving the Character setup area.
But...I found a workaround. I saved my manual bone-map characterization profile out, started a new import scene, re-imported the Mixamo FBX, loaded my saved characterization profile and everything is working. Strange??
WillFl
WillFl
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
bcmorris (11/17/2017)
Mixamo FBX Convert to Non-Standard not working for me after updating!

After installing the 7. 1 update the Mixamo Animation - Convert to Non-Standard (Characterization) no longer works at all. It was working in 7.02 (after switching the Presets) but in 7.1 the exact same FBX will not convert. I also tried loading in the "Maya Human-IK_Mixamo01" Characterization profile (and all the others) but it gives an error stating that there are incompatible bones so the character will not be activated.
See the Issue report on the Feedback Tracker here.

This is really annoying as I updated to get access to the Iclone Curve Editor plug-in and didn't even need to update 3DXchange. Can I rollback 3dXchange to 7.02, keep Iclone at 7.1 and maintain the "send to functions?

+1

I am experiencing the same exact problem. Plus Appy to iClone is not working

bcmorris
bcmorris
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

@ WillFl
Did you get everything working after following my steps? You should be able to click the apply button after you characterize with the custom profile.
inash
inash
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I just tried it. Thanks bcmorris!! 

OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-4930K 3.4 GHZ / MB: ASUS Sabertooth X79 /  RAM: 32GB G-SKILL RIPJAW / HD: 2TB+2TB+3TB  /  SSD: 256 Samsung 860 EVO & 128 Samsung 860 EVO/ 
GPU: GTX 1080 Ti 11GB / COOLER : CORSAIR H75 Liquid Cooler

Jasonxx
Jasonxx
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (595 reputation)Veteran Member (595 reputation)Veteran Member (595 reputation)Veteran Member (595 reputation)Veteran Member (595 reputation)Veteran Member (595 reputation)Veteran Member (595 reputation)Veteran Member (595 reputation)Veteran Member (595 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I am having a strange issue where, 3dxchange would just completely freeze up upon import of a model. I tried doing different formats but it has then gives me a size warning and suggest I go change the size in another software. Are there any solutions to the freeze up and or size limitations. 
wires
wires
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
Jasonxx (12/10/2017)
I am having a strange issue where, 3dxchange would just completely freeze up upon import of a model. I tried doing different formats but it has then gives me a size warning and suggest I go change the size in another software. Are there any solutions to the freeze up and or size limitations. 

3DXchange is still a 32 Bit App, and as such can hang when trying to open large files. These files can either have a high poly count, high resolution texture maps, or a combination of both. One workaround is to break the model down into smaller items, with lower res textures, export each piece and then "reassemble" them in iClone.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
As Gerry says, although IMX it's almost never a polygon issue but rather a texture size one (which is to say you can easily import millions of polygons, but if your textures are 4K you will have problems).

Check your textures first and resize accordingly and see if that then works.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Jasonxx
Jasonxx
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (595 reputation)Veteran Member (595 reputation)Veteran Member (595 reputation)Veteran Member (595 reputation)Veteran Member (595 reputation)Veteran Member (595 reputation)Veteran Member (595 reputation)Veteran Member (595 reputation)Veteran Member (595 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Will try these out now. Thank you! Smile

Reading This Topic