OFFICIAL iClone 7.1 Issues Thread

Posted By Peter (RL) 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Dear iClone Users,

We have another new iClone 7 update and need your continued assistance to help us track down any remaining bugs, glitches or other annoying issues.

iClone 7.1 adds several exciting new features and also comes a number of important fixes and enhancements. It also introduces the arrival of the Curve Editor Plugin

Important: If you do find any bugs, issues or glitches in the 7.1 update, please can you report them first in the Feedback Tracker. Then feel free to discuss the issues in this thread. However do make use of the Feedback Tracker first to log the issue.

As always it will help us greatly if we can keep all outstanding issue discussion in the one place (this thread). This will help the development team keep track of any problems.

Please do try to provide your full system specifications and a detailed description of the problem when reporting issues. If you can provide steps so we can try and reproduce the problem this will be even better.

Many Thanks. Smile          

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 days ago
Is this fixable somehow?
Faceware no longer listed as a plugin!!!

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5795232c-0f4f-4a45-8766-58c0.jpg

TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)

Yeah, Riddle Me This iClone....
How am I disconnected if I am writing into the forum?....

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cc248b49-fa83-43c6-b44e-309b.jpg
vidi
vidi
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
3d xchange have a Bug 
https://forum.reallusion.com/FindPost347812.aspx

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

TonyDPrime (11/16/2017)
Yeah, Riddle Me This iClone....
How am I disconnected if I am writing into the forum?....

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cc248b49-fa83-43c6-b44e-309b.jpg

I got this working!
I had (I think) to not have iClone running while attempting to run the Live Update application in the Windows Start Menu > Reallusion folder...
It did work while iClone was not running, so anyone else, you might want to ensure no other applications are running while attempting.
PHEW!....Pinch

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Just loaded a project I was working on yesterday and tried a new Transition Curve Presets. First of all, kudos for a bunch of new presets!
But please explain, why did you take out the ability to assign presets to the root of the key?
Why would anyone want to use Ctrl to select all individual bone keys (loosing the timeline focus on a key) if it can be done by selecting a key root?
This is big time drawback. A lot of time would be wasted, specially if the timeline is not expanded all the way vertically. Plus, accidental key replication would occur all the time using Ctrl (It has just happened and then project crashed after I deleted a replicated key)
Furthermore, to get to the preset menu, you need to click on one of the selected tiny bone key, but it does not always work!
A lot of times the I get a grayed out menu with the right click, in which case all keys need to be selected again with Ctrl.

Please restore the ability to set a Curve Presets from key root!

jorgeferherrero
jorgeferherrero
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (358 reputation)Senior Member (358 reputation)Senior Member (358 reputation)Senior Member (358 reputation)Senior Member (358 reputation)Senior Member (358 reputation)Senior Member (358 reputation)Senior Member (358 reputation)Senior Member (358 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
For me What I've experienced so far is that it takes ages to break a 12000 frames clip of the Project that I was working with. When I open it  all the pieces of mocap animations that I had used to create that clip and in the original file are shown as a unified clip although they weren't still baked. Sometimes after half an hour the break is done and others the programm just crashes. I'm not an expert in iClone but breaking clips is the best way I've found to make decent transitions when you put diferent pieces of mocap animations together and you need to rotate the character in orther to have the orientation desired and so. Even using props links to do that rotations the blending between animations gives me many weird results very often so saving animations to my library and breaking them after used to solve quite decently the issue. Anyhow as I reported in other thread, the animation I get once It's been saved to my library isn't exactly the same as the original, so it's not a perfect workflow. IClone seemed very powerful and easy to use and that's why I bought it but it's giving me lots of headaches because I need to export those animations to Unity and every time I do it what I get is slightly different to what I had originally, like when I save the animation to my library. Many subtle layer motion adjustments no longer make sense. This is really compromising my deadline and I'm starting to get really mad.
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

4u2ges (11/17/2017)
Just loaded a project I was working on yesterday and tried a new Transition Curve Presets. First of all, kudos for a bunch of new presets!
But please explain, why did you take out the ability to assign presets to the root of the key?
Why would anyone want to use Ctrl to select all individual bone keys (loosing the timeline focus on a key) if it can be done by selecting a key root?
This is big time drawback. A lot of time would be wasted, specially if the timeline is not expanded all the way vertically. Plus, accidental key replication would occur all the time using Ctrl (It has just happened and then project crashed after I deleted a replicated key)
Furthermore, to get to the preset menu, you need to click on one of the selected tiny bone key, but it does not always work!
A lot of times the I get a grayed out menu with the right click, in which case all keys need to be selected again with Ctrl.

Please restore the ability to set a Curve Presets from key root!

Great observation and recommendation.
This new video by RL displays your point, in use, @7:23:

toystorylab
toystorylab
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
When i add a plane, it does not appear in the "Prop" section in Scene-Manager,
neither on the timeline...

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/65903a63-0fd4-4160-8b2e-ce35.png

Can someone check this out and confirm before i add it to Feedback Tracker?

EDIT
After "Pinguintje" confirmed, i added bug to FT:
https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/Plane-does-not-appear-in-Scene-Manager-Timeline

Toystorylab on Vimeo : https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ce44ea78-6984-47d8-9bf4-b783.png    Crassitudes (my "Alter Ego") on Youtube: https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fcc4df30-b3a8-40a5-a427-0735.png

Edited
7 Years Ago by toystorylab
pinguintje
pinguintje
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi, toystorylab,

I can confirm this. When I drag and drop a picture in the scene:
- Not in the prop section
- Not on the timeline

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b073a142-4e96-43be-8856-f7f6.jpg

Best Regards,(hartelijke groeten)
Arie

Reading This Topic