Profile Picture

3dxchange 7 pro to pipeline price?

Posted By williamsonkevin05 7 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
williamsonkevin05
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (310 reputation)Senior Member (310 reputation)Senior Member (310 reputation)Senior Member (310 reputation)Senior Member (310 reputation)Senior Member (310 reputation)Senior Member (310 reputation)Senior Member (310 reputation)Senior Member (310 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
I've been considering moving up from 3dxchange pro to pipeline, and I've registered 3dxchange so I'm a premium plus member, but there doesn't seem to be any direct upgrade from pro to pipeline. The only price I can find is the full discounted purchase price of pipeline of $349. Does anyone know if there is an actual direct upgrade price that would be lower than that?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi...

$349 is the current upgrade price to 3DXchange 7 Pipeline. The full price is $499.

Note: Upgrading to Pipeline will also give you the iClone Curve Editor Plug-in free. 

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

rollasoc
rollasoc
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I was considering it too.  But $349 is currently prohibitive and the upgrade page says I can update to the version I already own for $139.  So to me that doesn't make sense, Hopefully there will be a sale for Black Friday / 7.1 release next week?

Home built PC:- i9 9900K 32GB RAM, Zotac 1080TI mini.
Band Music:-  https://thehairthieves.bandcamp.com/
Solo Instrumentals:- https://sineglidermusic.bandcamp.com/

rollasoc
rollasoc
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Peter (RL) (11/14/2017)

Note: Upgrading to Pipeline will also give you the iClone Curve Editor Plug-in free. 

Not any more it doesn't. Which is a shame.  An extra $100 for curve editor.

Looks like I won't be upgrading to pipeline anytime soon.

rampart
rampart
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
i plan to buy the Curve editor for use with 3dxchange Pro - I am watching carefully to read reviews

IMO, Pipeline is juiced for exporters of content.  I don't resale content, don't do game development and I don't really have time for export to one application make a change or two and re-import IClone, etc.
I can do alot with obj files - 
I have bought every pipeline version up to this one... and I felt this version overpriced.  If I really need something worth the xtra hundreds of dollars I might consider it.  LOL

I also think Alembic export may have alot to do with it.

IMO, RL made a mistake pumping it out at this expensive pricing.  I suggest RL may hit the wall at these prices and lower them later, or lower them with next release.

Edited
7 Years Ago by rampart
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
rollasoc (11/20/2017)
Peter (RL) (11/14/2017)

Really?  I sure hope you're wrong.  So it's now an extra $100, even if you own the Pipeline version?
I thought the Curve Editor was "free" to anyone who had Pipeline, and figured it would not matter how you got there (via upgrade or whatever).

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
justaviking (11/20/2017)
rollasoc (11/20/2017)
Peter (RL) (11/14/2017)

Really?  I sure hope you're wrong.  So it's now an extra $100, even if you own the Pipeline version?
I thought the Curve Editor was "free" to anyone who had Pipeline, and figured it would not matter how you got there (via upgrade or whatever).

Apparently, people have been told by Support that they don't qualify for the Curve editor even though they own a legal copy of Pipeline. For example, those that pre-ordered by spending a certain amount in content I believe (I don't remember the figure) have been told by Support that their copy 3DX Pipeline is a "gift" and doesn't qualify. Let's hope that's a misunderstanding, otherwise a lot of people will be really upset. Whoever is responsible at RL needs to get their act together.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

rollasoc
rollasoc
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

There is no mention of the curve editor on the 3DExchange section of the Addons page, it has its own entry.

But on the best deals tab, pipeline is $449 and pipeline with curve editor is $549,
So I can only assume curve editor does not come free with pipeline anymore.

It is still $349 to upgrade to pipeline (and as I mentioned before, it will allow me to upgrade from my current Pro, to Pro for $139 which is hilarious).

Tonestarr Studios
Tonestarr Studios
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
that's what I am searching for now, it's ridiculous to have to buy 3dexchange pipeline for its full price, there should be a simple upgrade from pro to pipeline, its like i am buying the same shit i already have just soi can add exporting, why?

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Tonestarr Film&Aninmation (2/14/2018)
that's what I am searching for now, it's ridiculous to have to buy 3dexchange pipeline for its full price, there should be a simple upgrade from pro to pipeline, its like i am buying the same shit i already have just soi can add exporting, why?

You do not need to buy 3DXchange 7 Pipeline for the full price. You only need to pay the discounted Upgrade/Member Price.

So please make sure you are logged into your Reallusion Account and then go to the page below. If you then click the "Add-ons" tab you will see the price to upgrade (Note: The full price is $499).

https://www.reallusion.com/store/product.html?l=1&p=ic

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic