Profile Picture

CTA3 music syncing

Posted By diversion.decoy 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
diversion.decoy
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (354 reputation)Senior Member (354 reputation)Senior Member (354 reputation)Senior Member (354 reputation)Senior Member (354 reputation)Senior Member (354 reputation)Senior Member (354 reputation)Senior Member (354 reputation)Senior Member (354 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Hi!  Sorry for a double post...first time posting here and I just realized my last post did not state the program.

I'm using CTA3, and was wondering if any of you had some fancy tips and tricks for syncing motion to music (ie. guitar strums, piano, etc.).  It'd be nice to have the motions line up to what's going on instead of doing just "motion-loop-indiscrimantly" (though certainly parts of the song used will lend itself to that).  If it makes a difference, I do have access to the individual audio parts.  Anyways, appreciate any thoughts and tips ya'll may have for this new user.  Thank you!
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
There is no easy way to sync movement to music.
I drop the music into the music track and manually adjust the motion to sync with the music.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I don't have CTA (iClone user), but this may be a way to accomplish what you want. 

It is helpful to see the waveform when you're animating, but you can't see those for music or sound. What you might be able to do (you can in iClone) is having a dummy character and give him the music track as speech track. That will allow you to see the waveform. As you have separate files for the music parts, you can have a number of dummy characters and animate the different parts in isolation. I don't know if CTA 3 has sound scrubbing of the speech track, but that would also be of help. It's probably best to do one part at the time, save it, remove the speech track for that part and move on to the next one.

This is a somewhat unusual approach, but years of iClone taught me to find workarounds...Crazy

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic