Profile Picture

Anyone know how to successfully install AMD on an AlienWare?

Posted By rightdecis 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Anyone know how to successfully install AMD on an AlienWare?

Author
rightdecis
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hello. I have IClone 7 installed. But every time I open it a message appears informing me that my current AMD graphics card is not supportive of the Global Illumination effects. Which I very much wish to have. And the computer I have is an Alienware laptop of Windows 7, and I believe it is possible for e to install or upgrade my existing graphics card without purchasing anything new. I have found this website of AMD drivers that are new and updated and installable. But I am not quite sure what to do next to enable this website to help me. I was hoping anyone on here would be able to give me some tips.

I make my dreams into movies.

animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 55 minutes ago
What is your specific card (type and amount of VRAM)? Also how much RAM has your laptop? AMD does not support GI directly (it's an NVidia thing), but what is supposed to happen is that the CPU takes over.

It's a bit of labyrinth, but the lower part of the IC7 download page has system requirements: https://www.reallusion.com/ICLONE/download.html.

You can see which AMD cards are supported. It also says the AMD HD5000 and HD6000 are not compatible and that GI will be disabled.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

rightdecis
rightdecis
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
My current card is AMD 6000. The RAM of my laptop is 3.00 GB. With a processor of Intel Core i3 CPU. Memory 350. 227. GHz. It's a 64 bit operating system.

I make my dreams into movies.

davev
davev
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (956 reputation)Veteran Member (956 reputation)Veteran Member (956 reputation)Veteran Member (956 reputation)Veteran Member (956 reputation)Veteran Member (956 reputation)Veteran Member (956 reputation)Veteran Member (956 reputation)Veteran Member (956 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
rightdecis (11/5/2017)
My current card is AMD 6000. The RAM of my laptop is 3.00 GB. With a processor of Intel Core i3 CPU. Memory 350. 227. GHz. It's a 64 bit operating system.

That is a pretty weak system especially for IClone.
The requirements clearly state the AMD 6000 series does not support any GI or any light effects for that matter.
3GB Ram? SERIOUSLY?

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
You will not be able to get GI on that laptop.  Even without GI, you won't be able to do much with iClone 7 -- an i3 with 3GB RAM is about the weakest system around.

I'm guessing that's a pretty old system -- probably time for a new one (but make REAL sure you get a good graphics card.  Minimum nowadays would be an nVidia 1060 with 6GB).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic