PhotoShop and G3 characters

Posted By Moonci 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Moonci
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
The topic should read G2 characters, not G3.
I'm trying to find the dummy template for Photoshop.  I've found one for flash and for Drawplus but not photoshop.  There are a few individual images of characters simply labeled Human, but not the 10 position template.  Anyone know where it is if it is?
Edited
7 Years Ago by Moonci
Moonci
Moonci
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Are my questions being seen?  Is anyone from Reallusion hanging out in the forums?  I'm looking for the dummy template file for Photoshop (PSD ).  Where can I find it? 
hyteckit
hyteckit
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (592 reputation)Veteran Member (592 reputation)Veteran Member (592 reputation)Veteran Member (592 reputation)Veteran Member (592 reputation)Veteran Member (592 reputation)Veteran Member (592 reputation)Veteran Member (592 reputation)Veteran Member (592 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Moonci (11/12/2017)
Are my questions being seen?  Is anyone from Reallusion hanging out in the forums?  I'm looking for the dummy template file for Photoshop (PSD ).  Where can I find it? 

Not that hard to find.

https://www.reallusion.com/crazytalk-animator/import-PSD-file.html

But I do agree with you about no one answering questions. Forum is pretty dead. Probably because there aren't too many CrazyTalk animator users.
Moonci
Moonci
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

You're right; I found that template a while ago.  I'm trying to find the template labeled dummy....  It's the one with the multiple character angles of a G2 character called Saul.   
kylelee
kylelee
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

G2 characters only create from flash, and G3 characters only create from photoshop.
Because of G2 characters are the vector, but G3 characters are the bitmap.
They are different processes to make.
hyteckit
hyteckit
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (592 reputation)Veteran Member (592 reputation)Veteran Member (592 reputation)Veteran Member (592 reputation)Veteran Member (592 reputation)Veteran Member (592 reputation)Veteran Member (592 reputation)Veteran Member (592 reputation)Veteran Member (592 reputation)

Moonci (11/13/2017)
You're right; I found that template a while ago.  I'm trying to find the template labeled dummy....  It's the one with the multiple character angles of a G2 character called Saul.   

The PSD template is only for G3 characters. You can only "Create G3 Characters Directly from PSD Format" if you have the Pipeline version. Not for G2 Characters.

I don't think there is a PSD template for G2 characters since they are vector/flash.

I only have CrazyTalk Animator Trial, but the G2+_Dummy actor is included with the trial. I assuming it's included with the retail version as well. Have you checked your Actors template under G2 and G2+?
lesdodds
lesdodds
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

kylelee (11/13/2017)
G2 characters only create from flash, and G3 characters only create from photoshop.
Because of G2 characters are the vector, but G3 characters are the bitmap.
They are different processes to make.

G1,G2 & G3 characters can all be made from PNG sprites using the Sprite Editor to replace sprites, Little Mates are made like that.
My Rockie is total PNG G2. Remember he is a ROCK.  Have funw00tw00t

LesterSmile
 My YouTube
My Facebook
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
-Walt Disney
Moonci
Moonci
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

G2 characters can only be made in flash?  That's too bad; I like photoshop and illustrator for design work, but Animate falls short when using it to design a character.  I just read a post by Lesdodds that we can use png files for  G2 characters.   Does anyone know a way to move a file between illustrator or photoshop into animator?

Reading This Topic