Problems exporting CrazyTalk 8 heads to Character Creator 2

Posted By Ari M 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Problems exporting CrazyTalk 8 heads to Character Creator 2

Author
Ari M
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (468 reputation)Senior Member (468 reputation)Senior Member (468 reputation)Senior Member (468 reputation)Senior Member (468 reputation)Senior Member (468 reputation)Senior Member (468 reputation)Senior Member (468 reputation)Senior Member (468 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year

Since upgrading to Character Creator 2 (as part of myupgrade to iClone 7) and applying the latest update to Crazytalk 8 pipeline, I am experiencing two problems when exporting CrazyTalk heads to Character Creator.

1) The export options of ‘RLHead’ and ‘Send to Character Creator’ remain ‘greyed out’ when trying export the Jean-Philippe head. These options are present when exporting for example, the Alberto head.

2)   When I try to export other heads to Character Creator 2 (i.e.where the ‘Send to Character Creator’ option is available), I get the following error message:
“Failed to launch Character Creator program. Please ensure that you are usingCharacter Creator v1.3 or above”. 

I have seen the two other threads on the forum raising similar issues to my item 2 above, but neither thread states whether the latest updates have addressed the problem.

Before upgrading I uninstalled both iClone 6 and CharacterCreator 1.2,  I then installed the following (in the order shown);

iClone 7 Product Version 7.02.0915.1
Character Creator 2.0 Product Version 2.12.2104.1

CrazyTalk 8 pipline Product Version 8.12.3204.1

I am running a home built computer - Windows 7, i7-4930k CPU @ 3.40GHz, NvidiaGeForce GTX 980 GPU (4GB), 32GB DDR3 RAM, Asus Rampage IV black editionmotherboard, 500 GB SSD (Samsung 850 EVO).

The export functions described above all worked correctly when used with iClone 6 and Character Creator 1.2 and CrazyTalk 8 pipeline prior to my upgrade.

Can anyone (and in particular the Reallusion team) confirm that they have the correct operation when exporting CrazyTalk heads to Character Creator 2.0 or is there still a bug?

Thank you

Edited
7 Years Ago by Ari M
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
1) Are you sure the Jean-Phillipe head is 3D?  If it isn't it won't be exportable (there are 2D heads that *look* like 3D, so you can't be sure that way -- I'm not actually sure how you would know inside of Crazytalk).

2) I always just save it as an RLHead and don't try bringing up CC on its own, but just drag it in there.  If that works for you I wouldn't worry about it.  The main reason to do it this way is that it's the ONLY way you can get full 2K resolution (if you do it the other way, bring up Character Creator, the head is only 1K resolution).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Postfrosch
Postfrosch
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)

It works fine with me, heads of
Ct8 pipeline to CC 2 to export. No matter if you created or existing
(as far as the Existing are available for excursion) Jean Philipp (3d) does not belong to it Is already like this since CC 1)
See the screenshot above

Your problem has nothing to do with the update. I use the same version
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/02c22625-234e-4f01-8813-afa2.jpg
Greetings from Germany
Postfrosch

--------------------------------------------------------------
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cd9c9a06-21a5-44c5-9f67-6810.jpg
Ari M
Ari M
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (468 reputation)Senior Member (468 reputation)Senior Member (468 reputation)Senior Member (468 reputation)Senior Member (468 reputation)Senior Member (468 reputation)Senior Member (468 reputation)Senior Member (468 reputation)Senior Member (468 reputation)

@KelleyToons

Thank you for your reply.
The Jean-Philippe head is certainly 3D in the previous CrazyTalk 8 pipline version 8.01.1326.1 as I still have it working with Character Creator version 1.4.1402.1 on my laptop, which I have not upgraded yet.
Not that I am particularly bothered about exporting the Jean-Philippe head, it was just an example of the change in functionality I noticed after upgrading.
I did try your suggestion of drag and dropping the other heads into Character Creator 2 and they worked ok. I was not aware about the difference in resolution so thank you, that is useful to know.

Edited
7 Years Ago by Ari M
Ari M
Ari M
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

@Postfrosch

Thank you for taking the time to make the video. It would appear that the issue is with my set up.

However, as KelleyToons suggests if I can export the other heads by draging into Character Creator then there is no need to worry about it. I can imagine losing hours trying to identify the reason why the automatic export to Character Creator 2 does not work. I suspect that somewhere in my system there a file from the previous version that did not get unistalled prior to upgrading.
Given that I now know (from KelleyToons) that the resolution is higher (i.e.2K) when using the drag and drop method I will stick with it.

Thanks again.

Edited
7 Years Ago by Ari M
vidi
vidi
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Jean-Philippe head is certainly 3D

but no a CC Head . Character Creator works only with the CC Mesh
All CT 8 3D Actor   with a tiny icon is not CC

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

Ari M
Ari M
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

@Vidi

Thank you. Now I understand what that tiny icon means.;-}

There is just one thing that puzzles me. If I export the Jean-Philippe head from the previous version of CrazyTalk 8 on my laptop and drag that head into Character Creator 2 on my upgraded PC workstation it works fine. I have full functionality i.e. morphing, send to iclone etc, and I can add facial animation. So why would Reallusion remove the ability to export the 3D Jean-Philippe head in the update of CrazyTalk when the previous version of the head mesh appears to be fully compatible with Character Creator 2?
Perhaps there is a reason but to me it makes no sense.

Reading This Topic