Are there any gloves in here?

Posted By waleshire 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
waleshire
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Does anyone know if there are any gloves available for iC7? I'm looking for blue medical gloves and I can't find anything in the content store. Anyone know where I can find some?

Thanks,
Wes
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
They would probably best be "painted" onto the avatar.  Unless you wanted to show the character actually put them on, but that would be a fiendishly difficult task, and I would consider it "impossible" in iClone.  Rather, some basic editing and clever camera angles could avoid the on/off process.

For loose gloves, if your character needs to hold them, some soft cloth could help.

Back to the "painting" - that can be fairly easy or a real challenge, mostly depending on the tools you have available.

If a miracle occurs, I'll try to do a proof-of-concept this evening.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
My artistic skills are not all that great, and it's low-res (which I could fix if I had a reason to), and I made them "green" instead of blue.
Oh well, it's just a test, and I had fun painting the wrinkles and stuff.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/bffbaf02-9eb3-474e-bc25-3745.jpg

I'm not sure what happened to her skin.  When I exported it, it came out all mottled.  I'll have to follow-up on that, but I didn't want it to stop me of playing with the "glove" experiment.
ADDED -->  Ah, I figured out the mottled-skin problem.  A simple user-error on my part, but no need to bother uploading a new picture.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
7 Years Ago by justaviking
waleshire
waleshire
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
That was awesome, thanks for sharing! I've got a lot to learn before I can even start to do something like that.

-Wes
wires
wires
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Bit late replying here, but there are CC gloves available in Backstage here. They're part of the Professional Outfits Pack, and the colour can be changed. Being CC items means that they will conform to almost any size hand.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1f3b25ed-29f0-46cb-8271-92a7.png

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Lord Ashes
Lord Ashes
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
There are a few options in Lord Ashes' Warehouse...

https://city.reallusion.com/ContentPreview.aspx?i=JCC1d40ff3edfd425cf7
https://city.reallusion.com/ContentPreview.aspx?i=JCC92c517edcbb761f37
https://city.reallusion.com/ContentPreview.aspx?i=JCCa7b5e97002d256867

All of these are just various length cuts of a CC characters hands (or hands and arm) which you can generate yourself fairly easily...but if you can't be bothered 50 DA points get you either of the first 2. The last is part of a Formal Wear set are not available independently.

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
Bowser and Blue, Busting The Breast

Reading This Topic