Posted By garylearntech 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Problem.png
garylearntech
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Hi!
I tried the Mac CTA3.2 HOTFIX a couple of nights ago and it failed to launch.  See the pinned post in the CTA General Forum.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4fe3149d-5e93-4227-820c-100e.png

In olden days my job was Mac support, so I tried a number of variations on the basic instructions, but made no progress.  Here's an example of the error captured in Console: 

Oct 31 22:26:33 iMac27 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.xpc.launchd.oneshot.0x1000000f.CrazyTalkAnimator3Pipeline[1530]): Could not find and/or execute program specified by service: 13: Permission denied: /private/var/folders/8p/t_ssp0ld3jb359rzr0q8klv80000gp/T/AppTranslocation/0396E88A-2806-49E4-8895-0E9E4C0E417D/d/CrazyTalkAnimator3Pipeline.app/Contents/MacOS/CrazyTalkAnimator3Pipeline

I left it, but then came back and spent some more time on this and I think I've found the problem, though I'm not sure if it goes a little deeper and I might just be scratching the surface.  I dug down in the Mac application package, through all the supporting resource files, etc, until I reached the MacOS folder.  The actual executable file lives at this location: 

/Users/gary/Downloads/CTA3_Hotfix_Mac/CTA3 2017.10.03.1 Mac/CrazyTalkAnimator3Pipeline.app/Contents/MacOS/

The actual executable file at this location is "CrazyTalkAnimator3Pipeline".  This file is supposed to be a UNIX executable, with owner/group of system/wheel.

On the hotfix file, this file's owners and privileges are me for the owner and no executable privileges.  To put that into Terminal terms, we have: 

Current Production Version
-rwxrwxrwx  1 root  wheel  33147548 29 Aug 09:40 /Applications/CrazyTalk Animator 3-Pipe.app/Contents/MacOS/CrazyTalkAnimator3Pipeline

Hotfix Version
-rw-------@ 1 gary  staff  33147476  3 Oct 15:48 /Users/gary/Downloads/CTA3_Hotfix_Mac/CTA3 2017.10.03.1 Mac/CrazyTalkAnimator3Pipeline.app/Contents/MacOS/CrazyTalkAnimator3Pipeline

____

I should probably be able to fix this fairly easily (chown and chmod), but there are other similar glitches and I don't want to spend the rest of my life fixing one file after another.  I randomly picked one of the .dylib files in the same directory highlighted above.  I compared it to the equivalent file in the current release and it has the same ownership and privileges problem.  So the problem appears to exist throughout the current download…  Sad

I don't think any utility that I've got installed is likely to be interfering with unzipping the source file and mangling it as described…  I checked this ownership/privileges angle on my recently new workplace iMac (set up be a colleague, not by me, so configured slightly differently), but the exact same problem was encountered.

Can this please be checked out by the developers?  Perhaps (re)distributing a known good copy via a DMG file, rather than as a zip file, would preserve the ownerships and permissions more reliably?

Thanks!

PS I'd previously posted this as a comment to the original post mentioned above, but I reckon that has become somewhat 'stale' and my comment went unnoticed, hence this fresh topic.

---
Cartoon Animator 4 Pipeline (always the current production version, unless otherwise stated)
macOS Mojave (10.14.6)
Signature data last updated 2020-01-02

Ola(RL)
Ola(RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Last Year
Dear MAC Users

Reallusion noticed that the provided MAC hotfix has some issue that will cause certain compatibility problem.
However, we fixed this issue and uploaded a new MAC hotfix version.  
All MAC users can download this version 

1. through the original link here.
2. directly from here.

If you still can not open the hitfix please refer to our security setting.
Edited
4 Years Ago by Ola(RL)

Reading This Topic