Access denied when installing CT 6

Posted By Kelleytoons 15 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Kelleytoons
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 23 seconds ago
I just paid for the download of CT 6 and when installing it with my serial number (key) and correct user name it goes a ways and then says "Feature Transfer Error -- component CT61_ENU_Data_Common_Custom, with file being so long I can't see the actual file and the error is "access denied".

WTF? I've never had issues like this with the install of any program. I'm running good old vanilla XP (with SP2) and when I say "OK" the installation stops here. Any clues before I try and get my money back?

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Flybynight
Flybynight
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
I had difficutly once like this. I closed all programmes I was running but made sure I was connected to the internet so it can register and it worked fine. Hope this may help.

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Well, I wasn't running anything else and I'm always connected to the internet.

I guess it's tiem to contact customer support and see what they have to say (assuming I can even get somebody).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I should complete this for the benefit of anyone else with this issue.

After doing some more web searches and just general tinkering (I was a programming for 30 years so I know enough to be dangerous) I came to the conclusion it was permissions on the Shared Documents folder that was causing the problem. Access was to all, but for some reason the ability to mod the files there was turned off (it may have been due to the installation of media servers -- I got a 55" Sammy LED and Western Digital's Live and have been serving content from my main system. Due to the many media servers I've been trying and uninstalling something may have set itself wrongly along the way).

In any case, enabling the ability to modify files in the shared documents folder (just right click and go to file sharing and security, and you'll see the checkbox) solved the issue. CT installed, all is well, and now I can go back to wasting my time playing around with things I should really not waste my time on.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 30 minutes ago
Glad you were able to resolve the problem Mike. Thanks for posting how you did this. This will surely help others who may encounter similar problems in the future. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

If anyone can learn from my stupidity it's all good .

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic