I have a problem

Posted By MasterGebjeter 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
MasterGebjeter
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Goal: Get Daz Gen 3- character in 3dxchange with, using iclone 7 skeleton with shape keys, using blender to decimate some stuff and export animation(motionplus) from 3dxchange to unreal.
Problems:
1) Daz-character to 3dxchange works and face keys too, but if I export the 3dxchange-character to blender it lose two bones I think they called toe_R, toe_L
2) If I import that blender-character(decimated or not) back to 3dxchange there comes a warning about fbx-versions and if I press ok my character comes in a super big version in and loses the iclonefacekeys
3) If I import that blender-character in UE4 4.17 the morph targets are there but dont work at all (But if I import it to an older version it works and if i migrate that working character to the 4.17 version it works there as well)
4) If I make motionplus animation with my 3dxchange-character (which comes from daz) and export it directly to Ue4 the animation are looking like the picture.

So I need help. Please.https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5e17db6c-5416-4224-a71e-7bf2.png
paulg625
paulg625
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Part of the problem here is the mixing of FBX imports and exports. Each software uses the FBX  SDK created by Autodesk but from there they do their own thing. Each has a different way of stacking things in the files and so it will get messy going in and out of several places. 

and you lose the morphs because you have changed the geometry. You would either have to change all the morphs geometry or purchase the Decimator for Daz and Decimate at the source.  
Edited
7 Years Ago by paulg625
but0fc0ursee
but0fc0ursee
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
3dxch to Blender.... check your "incorrect" settings.

Decimating MUST be done prior to Morph / Blendshape creation.
...Because once you change the "Base Mesh"... NONE of your existing morphs will work.

To UE.... check your settings.
...it's the little things that get you, every time.

Reading This Topic