Profile Picture

How do you get this iclone 6 to work then?

Posted By Debster 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Debster
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (506 reputation)Veteran Member (506 reputation)Veteran Member (506 reputation)Veteran Member (506 reputation)Veteran Member (506 reputation)Veteran Member (506 reputation)Veteran Member (506 reputation)Veteran Member (506 reputation)Veteran Member (506 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi,

I can't get iclone 6 working on my computer. Can you not have CTA 3 pro and iclone at the same time or something?

I got my hp spectre and have CTA installed and it works fine. I have tried umpteen times to reinstall iclone 6 but it never starts. Its installed but when I click it either nothing happens or the screen comes up and just sits there. I need to task manager it - not responding - and end the program or it just hangs. I know someone who has it with an hp system which is half as good as mine and their iclone just works when they click it. I don't know how to get it working. It's really annoying as I wanted to use it.

Can anyone please give me any ideas how to kick it into action? Thanks
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
Please first check that your computer meets the system requirements shown on the page below, especially the graphics card.

https://www.reallusion.com/iclone6/iclone_requirements.aspx

If your system does meet the requirements, please try updating your graphics drivers and ensure you have the latest available. Please see the links below to check.
Important: If your computer has switchable graphics, please do ensure you are running iClone with the more powerful graphics card (Nvidia or AMD). Do not choose the Intel graphics option. You can normally do this by right clicking the iClone 6 desktop icon and choosing "Run With Graphics Processor".

For more information on switchable graphics please check out the link below. This contains additional instructions on how to select the right graphics card option.

Please also run Windows Update to ensure your system is fully updated.

In Windows 7 you can do this by clicking Start > All Programs > Windows Update > Check For updates. In Windows 8 go to the Start Screen and type Windows Update. Then select "Check For Update" from the search list. In Windows 10 go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and then "Check For Update".

Do also separately install the platform update below if you are using Windows 7

If you still have problems, try switching to the DirectX 9 version of iClone 6 and see if this allows you to successfully run iClone.

In iClone 6 you can launch either the DirectX 11 version or the DirectX 9 version.

You can do this by going to Start > All Apps > iClone 6 and then select "iClone Graphics Mode Selection". Then select the DirectX 9 version and launch iClone 6.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic