Profile Picture

Future request to stop being annoyed

Posted By Stintfang 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Stintfang
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (488 reputation)Senior Member (488 reputation)Senior Member (488 reputation)Senior Member (488 reputation)Senior Member (488 reputation)Senior Member (488 reputation)Senior Member (488 reputation)Senior Member (488 reputation)Senior Member (488 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hi there, I am Robert from Germany and I just bought the update to iclone7 a month ago after a long consideration time because of my slim budget.
All in all I like the program, especcially because of the speed in which I can get rendered output (quasi real time).
Unfortunately there are a couple of things that are really annoying which makes working with iClone uncomfortable:

1) The workflow in the preview window.
I am not a fan of keyboard shortcuts and so I need icons to rotate, move or zoom the virtual camera. I really hate it to manipulate my object and then having first to push the move-button to get another viewing angle and then push the manipulator buttons at the top  to adjust my object/character. I am constantly moving across the screen with my mouse pointer just to switch between the modes. compared to DazStudio4 or Cinema4D this is very annoying. those programs have buttons to change the view without having to unlock the pointer from the manipulator function. I wish that this would be changed in a future update (perhaps a routine update and not in the next official release).

2) Paths to content.
Over the years I used several versions of iClone with each of them trying to deploy the content in a special folder. I know that you can select another path when installing iclone but I accepted the suggested path without remembering that I already have a content folder with my older content on another harddrive with more free space. I had hoped that I can change these paths in a preferences dialogue so that all content will be pointed to my storage device. But: Nada.
It is really annoying because I reserved my local directory for software because I know how fast a content directory can grow and block valuable space. So, please add a feature which allows to either change it in iClone or probably add more content paths. all other software packaged offer this. why does Reallusion block it's users with such strange workflows? Update strongly needed!

3) Workspace definition.
When iClone starts the panels left and right are way to thin to display the full names or icons of the content. I always have to adjust the panel width to see them fully. I had hoped that the size of them can be saved but it appears  that it will open with all panels properly adjusted when the program opens. But "Save Layout" doesn't do the trick. Maybe it is just an issue in the German version.

Pixtim
Pixtim
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
1) Do not you like to use the Alt, Control keys at the same time as the right or left click in the image to manipulate the angle and the viewing position?

2) I believe that this manipulation can only be done by reinstalling the software. to check...

3) I agree! it's very annoying !!!

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0a0894ca-d56b-4356-859c-f08b.jpg

Postfrosch
Postfrosch
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
3) Workspace definition.
When iClone starts the panels left and right are way to thin to display the full names or icons of the content. I always have to adjust the panel width to see them fully. I had hoped that the size of them can be saved but it appears  that it will open with all panels properly adjusted when the program opens. But "Save Layout" doesn't do the trick. Maybe it is just an issue in the German version.

Ich antworte mal auf Deutsch. (Du hättest das auch ins deutsche Forum stellen können) Smile
Hallo Robert ,
das Problem ist doch wirklich einfach zu lösen. Du brauchst ein benutzerdefiniertes Startprojekt.
"Save Layout"  ist nur der Anfang
Das kann man schon seit IC 3 Zeiten selber erstellen.
Siehe die Bildfolge
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/8bd330ae-346a-4f60-8be5-c9ac.jpg
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ac9fc77e-5be2-4912-b1d0-5a9d.jpg
Wenn Du ab jetzt IClone 7 neu startest dann kommt das von Dir erstellte Projekt mit den gewünschten Einstellungen
Du musst halt nur unter den deutschen Bezeichnungen suchen. Die Schaltflächen liegen aber an der selben Stelle wie bei englischen Version
Gruß vom Postfrosch
Sorry english-speaking users,
since Robert has presented itself as a German-speaking user,
and I in German easier to explain something,
I have it just stopped in German
Greets from Germany Postfrosch

--------------------------------------------------------------
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cd9c9a06-21a5-44c5-9f67-6810.jpg
raxel_67
raxel_67
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
just to elaborate a little on what pixtim mentioned about moving the camera, with any object selected if hold alt and left click and then move your mouse it will do the same as the pan the button (x on the keyboard), but if you hold alt and right click then the behaviour is changed to that of the orbit button (c on the keyboard), and of course zoom in and out with the mouse scroll, this is by far the best way to move the camera in iclone, and you only have to press one key on your keyboard, i read you don't like using keyboard shortcuts but here are a couple of ones that are quite useful sometimes: with an object or character select ASDF will change between front back left and right views of the object (in relation to its pivot) and if it is a character with J you can zoom to the face.

Reading This Topic