Profile Picture

Rules about hiring freelancers with iClone.

Posted By naomi.kendall 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 1 hour ago
Standard:

http://www.studica.com/us/en/Reallusion/reallusion-iclone-6-standard/ic6-esd.html?ex_ref=google_feed&gclid=CjwKCAjwpfzOBRA5EiwAU0ccNzhEog-4aqmk1-04OtceqRkPI-IYyPm9GACnWW-Znx7Jwpr3qbY9VxoCcJgQAvD_BwE

Pro:

http://www.studica.com/us/en/Reallusion/reallusion-iclone-6-pro/ic6pro-esd.html?ex_ref=google_feed&gclid=CjwKCAjwpfzOBRA5EiwAU0ccN1uaS-zrgk6zZLA59jMzVQfvjP8aDbTtUP-zWCIy-y61AwqyibK4qxoCHrEQAvD_BwE

And when I get to that site I also get a $10 gift certificate for first time purchasers, which would bring it down even more.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

And you can also get it through Amazon (a bit higher but then the download is direct from Real Illusion):

https://www.amazon.com/Reallusion-iClone-6-Standard-Download/dp/B013S94QFO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1507824988&sr=8-2&keywords=iclone+6

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
paulg625
paulg625
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Wait ? What? Are you saying that is unethical? My whole paradigm will have to shift now,,,   LOL

justaviking (10/12/2017)
@Naomi,

You may recognize me as one of the people who commented in your earlier thread.
I am a bit surprised (but not shocked) that the thread was removed.

Yes, is it okay for people do use iClone "for hire."  But that is different from what you were asking yesterday.
If the work is done entirely on licensed (paid-for) iClone installations, that is different from doing most of the work on a trial (free) version.

I was trying to think of an analogy.  This isn't great, but it'll suffice:
- You need to drill a hole in your wall at home, but you don't own a drill.
- It seems rather expensive to buy a drill for only one hole.
- So you buy a drill, take it home, drill the hole, and the next day to return the drill to the store to get your money back.
- In that case, you're abusing the store's refund policy.
- However, if your neighbor bought the same drill from the same store, you could hire him to drill the hole for you.

I sincerely wish you the best of luck.

naomi.kendall
naomi.kendall
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (349 reputation)Senior Member (349 reputation)Senior Member (349 reputation)Senior Member (349 reputation)Senior Member (349 reputation)Senior Member (349 reputation)Senior Member (349 reputation)Senior Member (349 reputation)Senior Member (349 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago

Thankyou for that - unfortunetly though that US$50.95 is only for students, faculty members and non-profit organisations. The other two are too far out of my price range right now, but I'll see if I can save up some, or find something to sell...
I'm going to grab some shuteye (its 3am here) and then come back to it with fresh eyes tomorrow. Thankyou again for all your help. 

vidi
vidi
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Thankyou, but I uploaded a topic to this forum last night asking to hire someone with the full version of iClone to convert my .iProjects into .MP4s or .AVIs, and although the post was initially approved, it was taken down before I got a reply. I can only imagine that I was breaking a rule, otherwise why take it down?

I had the impression from first posting and title 
it was a question for hire a freelancer with iClone to make a mini movie.
To hire a freelancer that make the movie for you,   or you want only a Guy that convert a projectfile,  are different things for my taste. 

That sound other
asking to hire someone with the full version of iClone to convert my .iProjects into .MP4s or .AVIs,

than this
to hire a freelancer with iClone to make a mini movie

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

michael7
michael7
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Naomi do you remember if you saw my post to you on your original thread?
The reason your thread was probably taken down, my guess, is that you hit a legally sticky situation for Realluslion. If it was black and white, cut and dry, they would have provided you an answer. It looks like it isn't. For instant Kellytoons wrote:
( "You may not sell, sub-license, loan, give, or transfer any part of the CrazyTalk,CrazyTalk Animator, iClone, and/or 3DXchange or a copy thereof to another personor company.
In essence, by asking others to render your projects, you are asking them to "loan" you the program (it could also be construed as a sub-license)"  )

This isn't being done in this case. Let's say I were to do what she was asking ( I'm not ) I am neither loaning her, selling, transfering etc, ANY part or ASSET of those stated PROGRAMS. It could be argued that she would be doing that, if she was attempting to transfer a model provided by Reallusion. But she never specified.
As a licensee I have a legal right to do whatever I want with any animation I render on Reallusion products, provided I haven't stolen those products from Reallusion.  It would be cut and dry if there was a contract rule that stated as a user of the trial version you may only test and play and not use what work you do on the trial versions of those programs. I don't think that rule exists. I'd like to see if it does. I don't think that rule can be made and legally put to use without a contract being signed. Which usually requires a transfer of money. Of course if that rule exists then there's your answer right there.
Sorry - but this is how this all looks.
Edited
7 Years Ago by michael7
Tarampa Studios
Tarampa Studios
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

naomi.kendall (10/12/2017)
Hello Ani, is that what you prefer to be called? - Wow, I'm blown away - I love your work on youtube - not to mention your other work aswell - I've been bouncing around the web checking out all your different mediums of artistry Smile I feel like I've just uncovered a hidden gem, and I'm so excited to get started reading one of your books for the first time. Also, congrats on winning the Norma K Hemming Award. Smile Your official video for diamond eyes gave me shivers up my spine. Keep up the great work!

Thanks Naomi.
I only glanced at this thread initially, so I just assumed you were using a trial version or basic standard version of iClone with your own original doll content.
It's perfectly okay to share projects between friends or associates who both have legitimate copies of the software, so long as it's not sharing materials in the specific project that are "copyright compromised". So everything in the file needs to be either original, licenced appropriately by both parties, or free for commercial purposes. (Important in your case, because presumably you are wanting to show your doll for the purposes of gaining a market for it...?)

It's completely understandable that as a newbie with trial or standard software that you may not have understood that Reallusion need to be very wary and careful to ensure that nobody is promoting the use of cracked software- which it kinda, may have sounded like in your original post.... But at the other end of the scale, my failing is that I presume everybody to be innocent so it honestly never occured to me that you might be using "pirated content"- which can be as innocent as using a Pinterest Pic as a background without checking that it's available for commercial as well as private purposes. 

There are still unlimited legitimate versions of iC5 and iC6 for sale via Amazon - in Particular, iC5 is still the preferred version for teaching animation in primary schools, so it's still perfectly possible to get a good cheap version of the software for $99US (or as low as $49 if you have an Amazon coupon code). . and then contact Reallusion directly for an upgrade price to the pipeline pro versions, if needs be. Reallusion are terrific to deal with like that.
https://www.amazon.com/iClone5-Pro-Win-Old-Version/dp/B00AEDXMGC

So any potential copyright compromises can be avoided in many ways.
Easiest way is to just find a reputable iClone animator, as you're attempting to do, and then just send them an image with dimensions of your doll, and let them start the project from scratch... or send them a few screenshots of whatever you've done using your trial software - and letting them start from scratch using properly licenced content of other assets (like background images or props from 3DWarehouse etc) or from their own libraries, or any other content that is free in the public domain for commercial purposes. They certainly can't share the content back to you if it is copyright to a third party, but they are perfectly permitted to render a video of it and grant permission for you to share it as far and wide as you wish for commercial purposes....

and yes, it's perfectly okay to post a pic in this forum and say "hey guys, I'm using this copyright thing as inspiration, does anybody know where I can get permission to use it, or download something similar that's free or cheap for commercial purposes?"  Creators use copyrighted works as reference images for new and original work all the time. Reallusion even hosted a character creator contest a while back which publicly listed that as a step of the process to be judged.

And of course collaboration is perfectly okay, under similar circumstances. There's a group of founding members here who collaborate on "Pinhead" projects all the time. I think they have one at the moment for the theme of Halloween... (usually hilarious to watch what they come up with every year in their forum thread), but it's also highly informative to watch how they deal with the copyright sensitivities by collaborating using the "Pinhead" character which was created by one of more of them and donated to the community - so that's another way to avoid trouble, if you "donate" the use of your doll to the animator you choose.

I've actually been to court to defend my own copyright - and won - so I know the international copyright laws inside out, if you need to clarify anything else.
Always more than one way to tenderly groom a cat, as they should say, LOL

Best of luck either way. Doll making is a fabulous skill and a truly wonderful way to brighten a child's life.

Anita, aka "Bleetz" the Toon Wrangler @ Tarampa Studios
SYS: Win 8.1,  64-bit, i7-4770 CPU @3.4GHz,  
32GB RAM, Intel(R)Graphics 4600 & nVIDIA GTX1060 TI 

Edited
7 Years Ago by Bleetz
Tarampa Studios
Tarampa Studios
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

justaviking (10/12/2017)
@Naomi,

I was trying to think of an analogy.  This isn't great, but it'll suffice:
- You need to drill a hole in your wall at home, but you don't own a drill.
- It seems rather expensive to buy a drill for only one hole.
- So you buy a drill, take it home, drill the hole, and the next day to return the drill to the store to get your money back.
- In that case, you're abusing the store's refund policy.
- However, if your neighbor bought the same drill from the same store, you could hire him to drill the hole for you.

I sincerely wish you the best of luck.

Actually that's a brilliant analogy.
It's also sad to give up on iClone when it could help your doll achieve stardom with its own webseries. I'd encourage you to consider an old pipeline pro version thru Amazon, but if you've done it in a trial version of iC7, then your project won't be backwards compatible in 5 or 6. You'd need to start from scratch, same as hiring somebody to start over too.
But it's also understandable to give up on animation, if your first love is doll making. We all know how hard it can be to find spare Time for anything.

Good luck either way.

Anita, aka "Bleetz" the Toon Wrangler @ Tarampa Studios
SYS: Win 8.1,  64-bit, i7-4770 CPU @3.4GHz,  
32GB RAM, Intel(R)Graphics 4600 & nVIDIA GTX1060 TI 

michael7
michael7
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

Kellytoons, Mike, I just saw some of your animations on your you tube channel. Nice work man!
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks for the kind words, but I hope to have a TON better stuff soon (now that I have all the great tools I need).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic