Profile Picture

Rules about hiring freelancers with iClone.

Posted By naomi.kendall 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
naomi.kendall
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (349 reputation)Senior Member (349 reputation)Senior Member (349 reputation)Senior Member (349 reputation)Senior Member (349 reputation)Senior Member (349 reputation)Senior Member (349 reputation)Senior Member (349 reputation)Senior Member (349 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Hello,
Correct me if I'm wrong - but if someone wanted to hire a freelancer with iClone to make a mini movie, they would be allowed to do that wouldn't they? I want to do the right thing - but I'm not sure on the rules. I've made a little animated person that I wanted to use to introduce a new ball-jointed doll I have made; to showcase her on youtube. I would like to credit reallusion for using their software, and pay a certain amount of money for the pleasure of being able to use their product - however it just wouldn't be viable for me to buy the entire software package for this one project. Am I allowed to hire someone to convert my files? Is there another way to pay a smaller amount of money to reallusion for a one-off job? Like I said, I'm happy to credit reallusion and have a watermark, for example, in the corner - but the trial version plasters it all over the middle, and i just unusable for me in its current state. Any help would be greatly appreciated Smile
luke (RL)
luke (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Group: Power Developer
Last Active: 14 hours ago
is it your facebook ?
https://www.facebook.com/legranddoll

impressive !!!
naomi.kendall
naomi.kendall
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (349 reputation)Senior Member (349 reputation)Senior Member (349 reputation)Senior Member (349 reputation)Senior Member (349 reputation)Senior Member (349 reputation)Senior Member (349 reputation)Senior Member (349 reputation)Senior Member (349 reputation)

No, not mine - but I looovvvee her work - isnt she great! She was actually one of my inspirations.
vidi
vidi
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
there are no rules to share of rendered movie data.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

naomi.kendall
naomi.kendall
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

vidi (10/12/2017)
there are no rules to share of rendered movie data.

Thankyou, but I uploaded a topic to this forum last night asking to hire someone with the full version of iClone to convert my .iProjects into .MP4s or .AVIs, and although the post was initially approved, it was taken down before I got a reply. I can only imagine that I was breaking a rule, otherwise why take it down?
TheOldBuffer
TheOldBuffer
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I'd imagine it's the fact you used a trial version to create your project and don't intend to purchase thats made RL a bit narked. Regarding the rendering of your project, it's not an impossible ask but a lot is dependent on what props and avatars you are using. If you have purchased anything from reallusion the person rendering your project has to have the same items or they will have to be bought again. Other than that there shouldn't be any problems.

Homebuilt computer - Windoze 10, INTEL i9 9900 k @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA RTX 2080 TI XC ULTRA, 16GB 3100 MHz RAM, Asus  Maximus Hero XI motherboard, Sound blaster Z series. iClone6 & 7 Pipeline, Crazytalk 8, Crazytalk Animator 2, Facefilter, Pop video 3, Hitfilm 4Pro, Cubase 8.5 Pro,

Tarampa Studios
Tarampa Studios
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi Naomi, that is strange that your post disappeared because there was another post yesterday about hiring which is ok: 
https://forum.reallusion.com/343590/Would-like-to-HIRE-character-animating-help#bm344452

Vidi is far more experienced than me but if she is too busy then maybe I can help you? My youtube channel is Tarampa Studios. 

Anita, aka "Bleetz" the Toon Wrangler @ Tarampa Studios
SYS: Win 8.1,  64-bit, i7-4770 CPU @3.4GHz,  
32GB RAM, Intel(R)Graphics 4600 & nVIDIA GTX1060 TI 

Edited
7 Years Ago by Bleetz
paulg625
paulg625
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Yes I imagine it was part because you were using a trial version. Plus you wanted a project converted. Which means transfer of items which the receiving party might not own. Although Iclone itself should have taken care of this when the receiving party got the project anything they didn't own should have been water marked anyway.  As stated above this is part of the issue with people working on project together everyone has to have same items.  But this wouldn't have made them take it down. I think it would be an ethical issue as stated above about the trial version using it then wanting to have someone convert it... 
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
@Naomi,

You may recognize me as one of the people who commented in your earlier thread.
I am a bit surprised (but not shocked) that the thread was removed.

Yes, is it okay for people do use iClone "for hire."  But that is different from what you were asking yesterday.
If the work is done entirely on licensed (paid-for) iClone installations, that is different from doing most of the work on a trial (free) version.

I was trying to think of an analogy.  This isn't great, but it'll suffice:
- You need to drill a hole in your wall at home, but you don't own a drill.
- It seems rather expensive to buy a drill for only one hole.
- So you buy a drill, take it home, drill the hole, and the next day to return the drill to the store to get your money back.
- In that case, you're abusing the store's refund policy.
- However, if your neighbor bought the same drill from the same store, you could hire him to drill the hole for you.

I sincerely wish you the best of luck.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
7 Years Ago by justaviking
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 7 minutes ago
Yeah, I think it goes deeper than that, as I said on that original thread.  You used the software to create a project and now you want to pay for "renting" a render license,  But RL doesn't sell such a license, and asking others to circumnavigate that is wrongheaded and most likely illegal.  Plus, as I said, anyone here would be a fool to do five projects for you and not charge what iClone itself sells for (because you might think it's "easy money" but it's not -- every single thing I've ever done in animation always has consequences and difficulties you can't imagine.  I would charge you at least a couple of hundred to do it).

But the bigger question is this: if you created all these projects (and five is a lot) and you recognize the value of having them rendered, why NOT pay the few hundred dollars for a legit copy of iClone?  You will at the very least use it again -- no one can say "well, this FIVE is all I need".  And you will at least pay $100 or more to someone else to do it for you -- why cheap out and get someone in trouble (and trouble they will get into) when you can just solve it all yourself?

I assume you will be making money off of these (which is why you are willing to pay in the first place to render them) -- don't cheap out and you will be FAR better off.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic