My workflow is:
1. Export from Daz using the Iclone tpose.duf on a G3F character. Export settings are fbx 2012 binary.
2. Import into 3DXchange as a nonstandard character and saved as a avatar file.
3. Import avatar into Iclone and create animation.
4. Save animation as an imotion file
5. Back in 3DXchange I'll use the original G3F file and import my imotion into the Animation window then Add to Perform.
6. Animation looks perfect at this point
7. Select Hip joint and export BVH with Root settings selected to Hip. Target Tool selected to Custom but have also tried Default.
8. Back in Daz with my G3F character loaded I'll select the G3F character in Scene window, right click and select children with Show Hidden Properties selected in parameters window.
9. Edit>Figure>Lock>Unlock Selected Node
10. Edit>Figure>Limits>Limits Off (rotation)
11. Select Hip and import the BVH file
12. BVH Import options....only Adjust scene to match file option selected. I've tried to do a clean up in the file node section but it doesn't seem to make any difference.
13. Basically my figure at this point has the usual twisted left arm and hips seem to not rotate properly while the legs and upper body looking like a crack addict on a 5 day binge. (trying to interject some humor into this most frustrating ordeal)
I must be doing something wrong if others here are getting correct results.
Currently using Daz 4.11 but 4.10 is the same.
Falcon Northwest Talon, Dual 2X - NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2080 Ti 11GB - Founders Edition, 64GB - 4x16GB - 2666MHZ,
Samsung® 970 EVO Plus - 500GB SSD, Western Digital Red Pro - 8TB HDD - SATA, Intel® Core™ i9-9900K 8 Cores - 16 Threads - 5.0GHz