HOT FIX 1: Quick guide & fix for PSD export feature

Posted By Ola(RL) 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Ola(RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
This issue had been fix in v3.21, which you can UPDATE HERE.

With the launch of CTA 3.2, Reallusion had noticed some issues related to PSD export feature.
Most of the issues will result in program or even computer crash while launching characters to PSD editors from Composer Mode.

There are two major causes to the crashing issue:

Cause 1  
The inconsistency of the naming of the original six eye sprites. Photoshop requires that the layer names match the original template. For instance, if you create or apply a character with random names for the first six eye sprites. You will need to change them manually back to the original sprite names, as shown in the attached graphic. Otherwise, the character will possibly cause CTA to crash. However, we are planing on fixing this issue in the future patch.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/305cd754-50d6-4a3d-ac26-75db.jpg

Cause 2
Due to some characters have a lot of facial sprites that make them vivid and expressive, and the launch to PSD editor function of CTA3.2 has a limitation of 1,024 layers. 
This will cause memory shortage problem or even computer crash. Reallusion will fix this issue in the future patch.

But right now, we suggest that users download the HOTFIX we prepared for your operation system. The HOTFIX increase the limitation to 5,000 layers.
If you are reluctant of downloading anything, there is another way to solve this problem. Simply remove one of the eyes and modify naming while launching characters with more than 1024 sprites to the external PSD editor. Then duplicate the remaining eye in PSD editor to make up the deleted one.
That will make the character work smoothly.

Let's take Garry Pye's creation Little Mates for instance:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/24f077ad-ddba-4739-98e5-8fd5.png
Delete one eye to minimize the sprites amount.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/574c707d-8e90-4f44-91d9-5c9b.png
Then duplicate the remaining eye in PSD editor to complete the character.

Edited
6 Years Ago by Ola(RL)
brookelustig
brookelustig
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi, I have a few questions.
1. Does installing the hotfix solve both cause 1 and 2?
2. Is this is an official release and if so why isn't the hotfix installed though the usual channels?

Thanks,

Brooke
Ola(RL)
Ola(RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)

Hi brookelustig

To answer your questions:
1. The HOTFIX only solve issue 2. The program in the HOTFIX increase the sprite export limitation to 5,000. However, the naming issue (issue 1) still needs to be manually adjusted even with this HOTFIX version.
2. The HOTFIX is a Reallusion released version to fix issue 2, but not an official version of CTA, such as V3.21. The reason we provide this version is to quickly allow CTA3 Pipeline users to have a temporary solution. Although the future patch will fix issue 1 & 2, the scheduled date may not meet the needs at hand. Therefore, we provide this HOTFIX that can solve certain issues quickly for users.

BR,
Ola.   
Edited
7 Years Ago by Ola(RL)
GerryT
GerryT
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (127 reputation)Junior Member (127 reputation)Junior Member (127 reputation)Junior Member (127 reputation)Junior Member (127 reputation)Junior Member (127 reputation)Junior Member (127 reputation)Junior Member (127 reputation)Junior Member (127 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Ola(RL), Thank you. I should have posted this sooner when you posted it but I was having too much fun with the extra export limitations Smile Works great for Garry Pye's Little Mates and Harvey.  As you mentioned you still need to change the names for the eyes, but that is something that takes almost no time at all.

There is one thing I noticed after an export to photoshop (then saving the .psd).  It does not seem to put the sprites for the mouth and eyes correctly in the folders for the headimages, and this needs to be manually done to import it back to CTA.  I assume this is part of the naming convention that is used on the sprites other than the eyes for the initial export.
cynsegura
cynsegura
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Hi there I cannot find exe file whe i install hotfix. I only can launch that file which is crazy talk 3. So I did but still, the problem is the same I cannot get the mates. Please I need help
Thanks
Is someone who can tell me what it is wrong.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cf2453b4-d313-48f0-ab6c-7f2b.jpg
vepop
vepop
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

cynsegura,
I copy-paste the whole hotfix files to the c: drive  eg. C:\Program Files\Reallusion\CrazyTalk Animator 3\bin64
Then, created CTAppPipeline as shortcut.  

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9331d0a4-6a4b-4e86-9f88-963f.jpg
YouTube Tutorials Here
garylearntech
garylearntech
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Comment moved to new standalone post: Mac CTA3.2 HOTFIX - faulty download?

---
Cartoon Animator 4 Pipeline (always the current production version, unless otherwise stated)
Mac mini M1, macOS Big Sur (11.6.5)
Signature data last updated 2022-05-15

Edited
7 Years Ago by garylearntech
garylearntech
garylearntech
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Comment moved to new standalone post: Mac CTA3.2 HOTFIX - faulty download?

---
Cartoon Animator 4 Pipeline (always the current production version, unless otherwise stated)
Mac mini M1, macOS Big Sur (11.6.5)
Signature data last updated 2022-05-15

Edited
7 Years Ago by garylearntech
Ola(RL)
Ola(RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Dear MAC Users

Reallusion noticed that the provided MAC hotfix has some issue that will cause certain compatibility problem.
However, we fixed this issue and uploaded a new MAC hotfix version.  
All MAC users can download this version 

1. through the original link here.
2. directly from here.

If you still can not open the hitfix please refer to our security setting.
Edited
7 Years Ago by Ola(RL)

Reading This Topic