iClone 7 Motion File Organization

Posted By waleshire 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
waleshire
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hello Everyone,

I get so mixed up with all of the different motion pack files that sometimes I can't find one I was looking for. Does anyone know if iClone 7 would get messed up if I were to just combine all of the male standing motions into one file and all of the female motions into another file and so forth?

If I could have about 10 files that held all of my motions, it would be a lot easier to find things.

Any perspective would be appreciated, thanks!

Wes

paulg625
paulg625
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
You can move stuff around, But it could get messy during an upgrade or if you re-download something,  That said I tend to move stuff were I want it to be. And had to do manual moving when going from 6 to 7 but it wasn't a bad deal either.  Another thing you could do is use short cuts. But this is time consuming. 
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I have always completely reorganized all the content I've bought and created (I move stuff from the custom directories over to the template ones because I don't want to go hunting).  And don't get me started on CC (that one I have a folder structure that looks NOTHING like where they want to put stuff).

Never been an issue through any updates or upgrades.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 17 minutes ago
There actually is one "rule", so to speak. That is to put like with like. So put all your motion sub-directories under the motion directory. Stuff like that. The content manager requires you do that so it can display your stuff.

Reading This Topic