Profile Picture

Blender prop animation to perform action in iClone

Posted By khaliqmk 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
khaliqmk
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (398 reputation)Senior Member (398 reputation)Senior Member (398 reputation)Senior Member (398 reputation)Senior Member (398 reputation)Senior Member (398 reputation)Senior Member (398 reputation)Senior Member (398 reputation)Senior Member (398 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hello all,

I'm working on a project where a war tank is required. So I created a rig of tank treads in Blender. So Is there any possible way to use the animation of the prop in Blender as a Prop (Right-click) Perform action in iClone. From all the topics I've seen on forums and manuals, the only option to create perform actions is by using collect clip in iClone. But I want to use animation from Blender as a perform action in iClone. So please help me out with this issue.

Regards,
Mohammad
Previz Artist

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/281e2a04-9a4c-48fc-80c0-d4ef.jpg
Edited
7 Years Ago by khaliqmk
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 hours ago
When you import your model as an FBX into 3DXchange, the animation will be added to the Motion Library in the right-hand panel. You can then add the motions into the Perform. Then they will be in the right-click menu when you send the prop to iClone.

Another option would be to use the collect clip as you mentioned. It will directly embed the motion into the prop.

Here's an old manual page that shows how to use the Motion Library and Perform. It still works the same in the current version.
https://www.reallusion.com/iclone/help/3dxchange5/pipeline/04_Modify_Page/Animation_Section/Using_Perform_Editor.htm

Reading This Topic