Profile Picture

Crazy talk error

Posted By jnystrom 15 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jnystrom
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 15 Years Ago
The trail version worked fine then I decided to buy the Pro version. But it will not run I keep getting the Main Program has stopped working. I updated the patches and made sure my video card was up to date. Everything seems fine. I downloaded direct x again to make sure I was good.

Any thoughts? I copy and pasted the serial so I think that is fine.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Sorry to hear about your problems running Crazytalk 6 Pro.

If you haven't already, I would contact Technical Support who should be able to help you resolve this issue. You can use the link below to request assistance and please supply the information requested to help diagnose the problem quicker.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx

Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

jnystrom
jnystrom
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)

I just put the info into the support group. I was hoping it was something easy that I could take care of. Ill wait. Thanks I hope to get it fixed by this weekend. w00t
Edited
15 Years Ago by jnystrom
jnystrom
jnystrom
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Still no luck. I turned off my firewall and tried again and no deal. I noticed when I downloaded CT5 it required an email address.

CT6 asked for my name, my company name and serial number no email address I dont have a company name what should I put there? Does it matter what my name is?. Could this be the issue? I know I have plenty of power on my laptop. ati mobile radeon 3650 and 4 gb ram and a duo core.

Any thoughts would be well appreciated. Maybe it is something that is running in my back ground that I dont know about... Maybe the serial number is messed up. I have put in my support ticket and they told me exactly what I have already done. Turn off my firewall update everything and uninstall, restart and reinstall still the same message.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

It's been a little while now but If the problem still exists, please keep in contact with Support who will do their best to help you resolve this.

With regards to the company name. This won't play any part in the problem and you can just use your own name in the company field. The important field is the serial number which obviously must be correct.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

smazz31
smazz31
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 14 Years Ago
Having the same problem ,I can run version 5.0 install 6 no problem .but to open it main program stopped working .I tried running of the internet .with without firewall, changin it to run windows xp sp2. uninstalled 5 .then install 6 .no good changed the installed folder nothing will work .any ideas .So i installed 5 ,and it works fine .But crazy talk 6 will not open
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

smazz31 (1/16/2010)
Having the same problem ,I can run version 5.0 install 6 no problem .but to open it main program stopped working .I tried running of the internet .with without firewall, changin it to run windows xp sp2. uninstalled 5 .then install 6 .no good changed the installed folder nothing will work .any ideas .So i installed 5 ,and it works fine .But crazy talk 6 will not open

Because of the many new features and multi character support, Crazytalk 6 requires more graphical power than Crazytalk 5. It may be a graphics related issue that is causing your problem if CT5 works fine.

Try to make sure you have the latest graphics card drivers for your system. This may well make a difference. If this doesn't work please contact support as I mentioned previously. They will require more information about your system specifications but may well be able to help resolve this for you.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx

Hope you get this sorted out soon.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

producer_20090922184611681...
producer_20090922184611681...
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 14 Years Ago
Hey folks,

Has this problem been resolved yet? I just purchased Pro 6.1 and installed all the patches and I'm getting the same error. I haven't even been able to run the program once.

I too have a relatively new system and lots of power (quad core, Vista, 8 gigs RAM, etc...).

If I can run iClone 4 Pro no problem, I should be able to run CrazyTalk.

I put an official support request in for this. I'm assuming this will be resolved. I hope Reallusion issues an update or some sort, as this sounds like a pretty common problem. And nobody likes shelling out $100 for a program that doesn't work.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

In Crazytalk 6, the graphics card plays a more important role than it has in previous versions of the software. While your system is certainly powerful enough to run CT6, but you didn't mention which graphics card you have and this could be a deciding factor.

One important step to take is to make sure you have the latest graphics and sound drivers for your computer. Outdated drivers have been known to cause crashes and errors like those that you are experiencing. It would certainly be worth trying.

Hopefully you will hear back from support soon with some good news if the drivers are not the issue.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

kapesher
kapesher
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Last Active: 12 Years Ago
I have just bought a new toshiba laptop specifically to run crazytalk 6 but am getting the same message and have not yet been able to use it. I have no idea what a graphics card is and am still awaiting a reply from the support centre. Is there anything I can try in the meantime?

Reading This Topic