Profile Picture

Changing Skin Color

Posted By huckleberry8523 7 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 2 votes.
Author
huckleberry8523
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Hi I'm new to cc, and I'm still learning my way around via YouTube tutorials and trial and error. I bought a content character, and have been customizing the look, I want to change the skin color of the character but cannot figure out how. Nor have I found a simple tutorial. Anyone to point me in the right direction would be appreciated, thanks.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 hours ago
There's lots of different ways but assuming you *just* want to change the color (you are happy with the textures that have been applied -- because one of the things you can do is replace the skin and head maps with your own) is to go to the Material Tab in Modify (the one that looks like a checkerboard) and there you'll see all the textures that have been applied to various things.  Go to the Skin_Head and Skin_Body and just right click twice on one of them.  It will bring up the "Adjust Color" dialog where you can do all kinds of adjustments (obviously you want to adjust both of the textures to match).

You can also go down below in the texture settings where there are buttons to load in other maps, and there you'll find a "Launch" button that will bring up the map in your editor that you've chosen (like Photoshop -- you have to have an editor set up for this).  But I prefer Adjust Color for purely color changes.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic