Simply cannot get a usable frame rate.

Posted By Geoffrey James 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
theschemer
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Kelleytoons (10/21/2017)
I know you don't want to hear this (because you didn't acknowledge it before) but I really think you need to reinstall your OS and start from a fresh slate.

I've worked for over 4 decades in IT and unless you do this at least once every two years you will end up in a situation as you are in (of course, most folks buy a new machine every two or three years so never get this far).  And it's AMAZING how much better your machine will run after you do this.  I would almost promise you this will solve this issue.

I thought I did acknowledge this already but anyhow, I too have been working with computers all my life and take good care of my pc. I have a lot of software and if I do a fresh install, it will take weeks to get everything back to normal and many late nights and many license deactivations and program uninstalls before I could even start. I would rather build a new pc than go through all of that. But I would rather not have to spend $3000 right now to fix something that can most likely be fixed without doing all of that. My plan was to build a new pc next year but I may start the research soon so I can take advantage of Black Friday sales and holiday sales. It's been a while since I build my last pc so I need to get up to snuff on which processor (Intel) and motherboard to focus on. I always like Gigabyte but have used ASUS too. The rest of the build is easy once I know the processor and board I am going to use. I will put Win10 on the new pc too.

In the mean time I have been using Process Explorer and found that Realtime for Iclone has about 5000 threads open with the  PID 26644. Don't know if that is normal or not but I am digging. I also just opened a RL support ticket so thay can be in the loop.

Edited
7 Years Ago by theschemer
theschemer
theschemer
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)

Update: With both the C920 and the C922 I am able to choose the C920 and get it to work properly. It actually connects and allows the resolution and FPS to be selected, although only up to 30 as that is it's limit. But it is progress. Smile When I booted my pc this morning a Logitech Webcam software updater magically appeared. I clicked continue and it failed to update the Logitech Camera Software and gave a generic list of about 8 things that could cause this including not enough room on the hard drive. Sigh...I called Logitech and explained all my issues again and then the phone was disconnected.

edit: Just got off the phone with Logitech and we were able to make some progress at least in the sense by installing an older version of the webcam software, it popped up a box that said I was using an older Windows UVC driver (or something to that effect) and I would not get the best performance. It said to install the Logitech drivers. Of course I already did, about 20 times with the LGS. Now they are going to escalate the case and find out why their driver is not working. Could be the LGS uninstaller missed something or corrupted something. I feel better already. Smile I did some more research and on 32 bit Win 7 people have no problems with the UVC driver but 64 bit is a different story. So Logitech will most likely be working on the driver.
Edited
7 Years Ago by theschemer
dougfl
dougfl
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Just a thought... Do you use Bitdefender? If yes, go here - https://www.bitdefender.com/support/the-new-webcam-protection-feature-in-bitdefender-2018-1930.html
I suspect other Antivirus Companies block webcam software like Faceware Realtime like Bitdefender does.
theschemer
theschemer
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

No I don't use Bit Defender but have already made sure none of my AV is blocking the webcam. I am in limbo again with Logitech tech support as they say they wil get back to me in 2 days but then they don't. Then you get a customer service email that asks if your issue has been resolved. Crazy I noticed they have a new version of the LGS (gaming software) so I thought maybe they fixed it but no joy. I did notice something odd though as I have both the C920 and the C922 and the C920 only works properly when I have both the C920 and the C922 connected to the usb port. If I use the C920 alone it fails just like the C922. I also noticed that before the C922 would show up as the Logitech C922 in the settings for video input sources and now it shows up a "USB Video Device". If I uninstall and go back to an older version it does the same. But I did uninstall/reinstall everything Logitech first. I was reading the Microsoft and Logitech are/were blaming each other for webcam issues...
Sigh...
animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 58 minutes ago
I found that my c920 didn't like my USB 3.0 port, so I had to switch to a USB 2.0 port ( which are becoming rare). 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

SeanMac
SeanMac
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Hi animagic.

Thanks for that.

Could you give  more detail on the swap from USB 3.x to USB 2.x ?

What is your new versus previous frame rate? Are you/were you using a powered hub etc?

What is your MoBo?

Thanks in advance.
Sean

Reading This Topic