Profile Picture

DAZ3d Scene (building/props) to iClone workflow?

Posted By Renaissance Man Studios 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
ktbaldwin21
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Kelleytoons (9/28/2017)
No problem -- I'm doing a LOT of this so it's on my mind.

I also bought the Cabin in the woods pack (was thinking about some Halloween type things) but haven't gotten around to importing it into iClone (so much software, so little time).  If you run into any problems let me know and I'll see what I can do about it.

I am experiencing the same issue.  So much software so little time.  Being relatively new to 3D maybe 8 months into DAZ - just beginning with iClone 7, CC3, 3DeXchange, I felt I had accomplished a great victory yesterday when I successfully exported Daz Gen 3 and Gen 8 Male and Female custom charachters based off existing into iClone with the facial morphs loaded and they all worked. Be it, this wasn't my first attempt, it's hard to tell what attempt it was, but once accomplished it doesn't matter.  It's awesome and the quality is great.

Now I'm in this thread seeking out how to create the rest of my scene.  Going through the available options of content available in the marketplace, it's not the style or quality I want in my scene, so I want to export the Daz scene I have in mind and was wondering if you have any tips now, since it's been nearly 2 years since this thread started I am hoping that the textures will come over.  My eyes are about to pop out of my head from the late nights.  Honestly, it's not that hard once you know what to do, but when you haven't done it....you don't know what you don't know, so you are right, the only way to find out is to try, and keep trying until you find out.  

Regards,

KTB

Win 10, AMD Ryzen 7 2700X CPU, 32GB RAM, 2 - 1070ti GTX (16GB) combined DDR5, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB -NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD, + SATA SSD Drives + Standard 6 TB HD + AMD Fuze Drive that ruined the whole thing Built not Bought, but I did buy the parts, and I did screw it up by installing the Fuze Drive.  Ultra stable before Fuze - Locks up like a Brick Post Fuze Drive Install usually at the end of my best Render or if I have something very time consuming that I have worked hours on, that hasn't been saved.  

No-one to blame but myself and the Fuze-Drive Software  

I built a second one, virtually the same machine less Fuze Drive, and the 32GB RAM is in 2 Sticks so I can go to 64 if I need to.  RTX 2070 to try Ray Tracing.  Currently using it for Gaming PC.  Soon to be iclone 7 animation and editing PC, as I de-Fuze 1st Build.

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 hours ago
I have some tutorials about this on my YouTube channel -- in general, you want to export from Daz as OBJ unless there are compelling reasons not to do so (because you then have more latitude if your set contains parts that need to be subprops).  My tutorials show what to do and how to overcome texture issues (it depends on the set but you will NEVER have a problem with too many polygons, only too large texture sizes, and my tools will fix this).

If you run into problems let me know.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic