Profile Picture

DAZ3d Scene (building/props) to iClone workflow?

Posted By Renaissance Man Studios 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
gcshep
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi I posted a question on DAZ forum below is the reply

The shell can't be converted to a prop as it needs to follow the changing shape of the base. You could try exporting as OBJ, then load and rig with the Transfer Utility, but I suspect you may be better off looking at the destination application to see what methods it offers for achieving a similar effect.

Not sure were to go from here have dig deeper .
gcshep
gcshep
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Hi update on system 46 issues received the following from DAZ forum and I have submitted a ticket to support watch this space.

Richard Haseltine 

The image isn't acceptable as it shows the nipples of the figure.

It's possible that this is a bug - the shell is clearly exporting, just no longer correctly fitting the figure (but I don't know if it still adjusts for posing). You may want to file a bug report (open a Technical Suport ticket). 

George
Jfrog
Jfrog
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
Hi update on system 46 issues received the following from DAZ forum and I have submitted a ticket to support watch this space.

Thank you very much gcshep.  This is 4 stars service!   Smile

Intel I7 6850K 3.6 with MSI X99 SLI plus , GTX 1080,  32Gb Ram , 1 TB Samsung Pro M.2 SSD
vidi
vidi
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (24.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Here are some pictures Vidi. Like Kelleytoons said, It seems like the character is split into 2 skeletons

In this case it is not a double skeletion, but a GeoShell
A Geoshell is like a Clone from the Figure Mesh but works like a Instance .
and do exactly the same like the master objekt , but can have others Materials .

That is an native function for DAZ and can not export with the usual way.

Here is the Workaround 
unparent the GeoShell 
Export the GeoShell as obj. (DAZ unit)
Import it back as obj 
now is it not longer more a Shell and can use like a prop
For to make it Conforming use the Transferutility Tool 

The source is the figure and the target it the new imported obj

Now you can export all as usual 

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi
http://vididoll.de/1grafik/promoforum.png

Edited
3 Years Ago by vidi
rollasoc
rollasoc
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
If it is any consolation, I tried exporting that exact figure last month, with exactly the same issues you are seeing.
Most frustrating.

Home built PC:- i9 9900K 32GB RAM, Zotac 1080TI mini.
Band Music:-  https://thehairthieves.bandcamp.com/
Solo Instrumentals:- https://sineglidermusic.bandcamp.com/

michael7
michael7
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Months Ago
Off topic, that looks like the cabin in the Evil Dead movie.
Renaissance Man Studios
Renaissance Man Studios
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Yeah, it reminded me of that.
Evil Dead 2 is one of my favorite horror movies of all time
Jfrog
Jfrog
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)

Here is the Workaround

Thank you very much Vidi. I will try your workaround when I have a few minutes.  Smile

If it is any consolation, I tried exporting that exact figure last month, with exactly the same issues you are seeing.
Most frustrating.

Ya, now I feel I'm not alone!    Wink

Intel I7 6850K 3.6 with MSI X99 SLI plus , GTX 1080,  32Gb Ram , 1 TB Samsung Pro M.2 SSD
gcshep
gcshep
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi Update from DAZ Support
(Thank you for sending me your export settings. Please note that I can not reproduce this when exporting and re-importing into DAZ Studio which shows us that the error happens when the product is loaded into iClone. Unfortunately, there's nothing that we can do. I apologise for the inconvenience.)

I tried Vidi suggestion but didn't have any success, so for me I will be very careful and read DAZ instructions i.e. make sure there is no GeoShell prompts that is unless someone has had success with the Vidi method if so would there be any chance you could share it with us.

Best  Regards
George  

Edited
3 Years Ago by gcshep
Jfrog
Jfrog
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thank you cgshep and Vidi.  I think this is a little more tricky than I thought.  I will stay away from those Geoshell characters.     Wink

Reading This Topic