Faceware and ToonMaker 1,2 & Monster workshop

Posted By Jfrog 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Jfrog
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week

This is info from the Faceware FAQ, to use faceware on non CC Character:

2) If the character is not Reallusion made or made with Character Creator, such as made by other 3D tools, (Daz/Maya/3DsMax...etc), than user have to use 3DXchange to convert the character to Non-Standard Character, and define the facial expression in 3DXchange (0~60), afterwards it can be recognized by iClone.

3) Non-Human Character can convert to Non-Standard Character as well.

I am not really familiar with this. Can someone point me to the good direction to use faceware with Toonmaker and Monster created with the monster workshop?    At the moment the only thing that work is the mouth motions, but I would like to be able to control other parts such as the eyeballs and eye lids also. 

Thank you for your help!

Ryzen R9 5950x, RTX 3090, 128Gb Ram ,2 x 2 TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 SSD

Horror Stories in VR
Immersive Sound VR
Immersive Sound VR on Oculus TV

pinguintje
pinguintje
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I hope this helps.
In your propfolder should be the Avatar Toolkit Vol.2.
Drag and drop this asset in you scene and click on your character.
Now you can control the eyes, ears etc.
You can read it here: Toonmaker2 
Read the part puppet controller for vivid facial expressions.

Best Regards,
Arie
Jfrog
Jfrog
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Thank you Arie.

I use the avatar controller but I am currently testing the Faceware plugin to buy it. Since I work a lot with Toonmaker 1 & 2, i would love to be able to skip the avatar controller and use the Faceware  PI.  At the moment only the jaw and mouth moves.  So I was looking for a solution to rig the eyes and brows in 3dxchange to be able to control more parts of my Toonmaker and monster characters. I thought that if the avatar controller can move those parts, they could also be rig to the bones in 3dxchange.But it seems you can't convert the Toonmaker character into non standard character to do it.

Horror Stories in VR
Immersive Sound VR

animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
I just had a bit of inspiration after a Vodka-tonic [Wow], but it would require to be able to export the character as FBX (you would need an export license).

You could then re-import the character and set it up as non-standard. That should get you access to map the eyes.

It would be easier of course if RL would to do it for us...Tongue

EDIT: Fixed typo.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
7 Years Ago by animagic
Jfrog
Jfrog
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

VodKa-tonic ? Great choice!  

I think this is a great idea and might work for my monster characters since I have the export licence.  Regarding the Toonmaker character there is no export licence available.  To bad,  I bought a good 20 to 25 Toonmaker Characters I would love to use with the Faceware PI.

Thank you for the tip Animagic, it is definitely worth a try.

Horror Stories in VR
Immersive Sound VR

Reading This Topic