Suitable Laptops?

Posted By SeanMac 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
paulg625
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Yes if nothing else a simple software lock or dongle would work. Lots of music plug in's use this type of system.

Kelleytoons (9/25/2017)
I assume, Sean, that you are reacting to me saying it can only run on one machine (although what I was actually saying, when I said if you were interested enough, was whether you wanted me to try out the webcam on my own laptop to give you an idea how well it might perform with Faceware if YOU were interested in the MSI laptop).

But if I read you right, I do agree with you it would have been nice if the Faceware plugin could operate on two machines so that we could have used it on a laptop, even if not for demo purposes but just to get some work done in the field.  But Faceware isn't about to allow that, and I don't think iClone has any leeway in this.  With modern things working the way they do, they could even check to see if you had more than one copy of the server running at the same time, so that you could only use it on one machine at a time, but not even this is possible.  But I suspected this would be the case as soon as I knew it was Faceware, so it didn't surprise me (which is why I was glad I could use remote video with the plugin, because there is no way I can do this stuff in my home studio with the talent I have available).

SeanMac
SeanMac
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year

@KT : “ButFaceware isn't about to allow that…theycould even check to see if you had more than one copy of the server running atthe same time, so that you could only use it on one machine at a time, but not even this is possible.  ”

Whatis or is not possible for Faceware, I suggest,  is a matter for Faceware. For  users like us, it is a matter of reasonedarguments to persuade Faceware that it is in their own financial interest as acommercial company.

Thataside, KT, yes – I would indeed like to see if your MSI laptop with an Nvidia1060 chip can produce anything reasonable. Not to worry if it can’t, of course.

Regards

Sean

Home Built in Coolermaster ATX case with GigabyteGA-Z170X-GAMING 7 MoBo, i7-6700 @ 3.4 Ghz, Asus GeForce GTX 970 Graphics Card, 32GbDDR4 RAM, 4K & HD monitors, Huion H610 Pro Graphics Tablet, Kinect v2, Logitech920 Webcam, Win 10 64 Bit OS

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Sean,

When I say "not possible" I mean they don't make it possible for us -- I'm not saying it can't be done.

But I can only tell you what the video the laptop can do when processed by my desktop -- if that's what you're interested in, I'll give it a try (doesn't mean, though, that the laptop itself would run Faceware.  I suppose if I had the inclination I could always run the demon on it, so perhaps that will be enough for you -- can't record anything, but it will tell us how fast it processed the preview).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
SeanMac
SeanMac
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year

@KT:  “When I say "not possible" I meanthey don't make it possible for us -- I'm not saying it can't be done.”  Glad to hear it. Thanks for the clarification.

“Icould always run the demon on it, so perhaps that will be enough for you --can't record anything, but it will tell us how fast it processed the preview”.  Now that sounds a useful experiment thatcould deserve well of the Republic of Reallusion.

If anyof us is to demonstrate the Faceware software in front of friends andcolleagues then regardless of recording capacity they will need to show thecapabilities of the package. And that as far as I am concerned would be quiteenough to satisfy me.

Sothanks for that Kelley – that is a damn good idea.

I look forward to hearing from you and perhaps others trying out laptops with the demonstration Faceware package.

Reading This Topic