BattleMech Helmets install in wrong CC location

Posted By Kelleytoons 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 hours ago
So am I the only one who has purchased this?  I find it hard to believe that no one has complained (or noticed?) that the helmets for the Battle Mech series install in the wrong location of CC (at least they did for me).

For me they installed in the Head folder, which doesn't work as they aren't heads but accessories (and don't even show up when you navigate to the sub-folder for them).  Moving them to Accessories/Head works fine, and I am very comfortable moving stuff around, but was this just a glitch on my system or has no one tried putting a helmet on in CC yet?

Anyway, just a (wait for it) heads up to others.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 17 minutes ago
I have a FaceWare purchase coming up...Unsure RL should spread the offers out somewhat more.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Oh I totally understand -- it was a tough one for me because I don't really *need* this, but I'm kind of a slut for any CC content (and the promised hair pack can't come soon enough, even though I've emptied the coffers with Faceware).

I was just surprised *someone* hadn't reported this.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 22 minutes ago
Kelleytoons (9/24/2017)
So am I the only one who has purchased this?  I find it hard to believe that no one has complained (or noticed?) that the helmets for the Battle Mech series install in the wrong location of CC (at least they did for me).

For me they installed in the Head folder, which doesn't work as they aren't heads but accessories (and don't even show up when you navigate to the sub-folder for them).  Moving them to Accessories/Head works fine, and I am very comfortable moving stuff around, but was this just a glitch on my system or has no one tried putting a helmet on in CC yet?

Anyway, just a (wait for it) heads up to others.

Looks similar in the path, but they are in "Accessories/Heads", rather than "Heads". For me anyway. The path starts with top hat in the content manager and "Accessories" in Explorer. That's where mine installed anyway.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d485a52e-26af-4ec5-bc84-f1ec.jpg

Edited
7 Years Ago by Rampa
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

No, Rampa, that's where I had to move them to.  They installed in Heads, and did not then show up when I went to use them.

So I don't know why yours installed correctly, but I was able to move mine with no problems.  I don't have any issues installing most stuff, so I don't know why this was odd.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic