Calibration problem

Posted By oldblock 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
oldblock
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (651 reputation)Veteran Member (651 reputation)Veteran Member (651 reputation)Veteran Member (651 reputation)Veteran Member (651 reputation)Veteran Member (651 reputation)Veteran Member (651 reputation)Veteran Member (651 reputation)Veteran Member (651 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I'm working on a G3 character (Ted), the calibration function presents a window with  Body and Face choices. The Body part is blank and the Face part has six functions and clicking them makes my G3 character perform but there is no way to install this function into my character.
Is something faulty or is this a plugin that has to be purchased? How do I fix?
garylearntech
garylearntech
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I was curious about this "new" option too, which I didn't recall seeing previously with the Pro version before I recently upgraded to Pipeline.  I rummaged about in the online manual and it seems that you only get Face Motion calibration for G3 characters, so what you're seeing is correct.  G1/G2 characters are the ones that can also benefit from Body Motion calibration.  Scroll down to section 3 here for the distinction.

There's a bit more information about G3 facial calibration in this page: Creating a Custom G3 Head (New for v3).

"After a G3 head is applied, you can use the calibration to view if the motion and expression is ideal, or if further adjustments are required."

You're not experiencing faulty behaviour.  This is a design aid to allow you to test your character – it's not an alternative method for applying animations.  There is no additional plugin required and nothing further to purchase for calibration functionality.

Hope this helps?

---
Cartoon Animator 4 Pipeline (always the current production version, unless otherwise stated)
Mac mini M1, macOS Big Sur (11.6.5)
Signature data last updated 2022-05-15

Reading This Topic