How To Walk an Avatar Through Terrain in iCone 7

Posted By BengalDad 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
BengalDad
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (671 reputation)Veteran Member (671 reputation)Veteran Member (671 reputation)Veteran Member (671 reputation)Veteran Member (671 reputation)Veteran Member (671 reputation)Veteran Member (671 reputation)Veteran Member (671 reputation)Veteran Member (671 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I am a beginner learning to use iClone 7. I just spent a few hours setting up a scene with the avatar Chuck placed into the Butte terrain scene. I applied the leisurely walk motion to Chuck, created 4 cameras and obtained the desired viewing angle for Chuck with each camera at intervals along the timeline. I used the Switcher track to switch to the different views at the desired time. All of that went well, but the animation is lacking realism because Chuck appears to be walking in place on the terrain instead of walking THROUGH the terrain. I am sure I am missing something simple, but after watching several tutorial videos and consulting the online manual, I still have not been able to get Chuck to stroll through the terrain in a realistic fashion. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Tom
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 8 minutes ago
For sure you need to enable foot contact in Chuck.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
BengalDad
BengalDad
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (671 reputation)Veteran Member (671 reputation)Veteran Member (671 reputation)Veteran Member (671 reputation)Veteran Member (671 reputation)Veteran Member (671 reputation)Veteran Member (671 reputation)Veteran Member (671 reputation)Veteran Member (671 reputation)

Thanks for responding. I do have foot contact enabled for Chuck.

Tom
colour
colour
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
BengalDad (9/23/2017)
I am a beginner learning to use iClone 7. I just spent a few hours setting up a scene with the avatar Chuck placed into the Butte terrain scene. I applied the leisurely walk motion to Chuck, created 4 cameras and obtained the desired viewing angle for Chuck with each camera at intervals along the timeline. I used the Switcher track to switch to the different views at the desired time. All of that went well, but the animation is lacking realism because Chuck appears to be walking in place on the terrain instead of walking THROUGH the terrain. I am sure I am missing something simple, but after watching several tutorial videos and consulting the online manual, I still have not been able to get Chuck to stroll through the terrain in a realistic fashion. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Tom

1) Right-Click on Chuck / Motion / Walk Forward. Then select a point you want Chuck to walk forward to. Chuck will automatically walk to that point. 
2) Select Chuck. Drag the Timescale Scrubber to the desired Time length position.. Move Chuck to that position. Play-back. Apply Walk Motion at Frame 1.
3) Create a Path, for Chuck to walk along..

No need to have foot contact selected. Characters, automatically follow the contours of a Terrain. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BengalDad
BengalDad
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Many thanks for your detailed suggestions.  I shall give them a try immediately.  I appreciate your taking the time to help me out and i apologize if my questions was a dumb one.  Obviously, I have a lot to learn about iClone 7.

Tom
BengalDad
BengalDad
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Colour,

I just wanted to follow up and let you know that your suggestions completely solved my problem with walking Chuck through a terrain.  Your instructions were vry clear and much appreciated. 

Tom
raxel_67
raxel_67
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
There are no dumb questions, feel free to ask anything about iclone, doesn't matter if it is beginner stuff or more advanced topics, you will always find someone willing to help.

Reading This Topic