Grand Launch - iClone Faceware Facial Mocap

Posted By Grace (RL) 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Grace (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Last Year
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/814aa6df-4cbb-4929-83c6-f6d5.png

Hi iCloners,

The long awaited iClone Faceware Facial Mocap solution was officially launched on Sept. 21st!  Reallusion’s partnership with Faceware enables iClone 7 to achieve real-time facial motion capture and recording. This will empower indies and studios of all levels, giving them access to facial motion capture tools that are fast, accurate and markerless--all from a PC webcam. 

Get more info, and download the trial experience NOW>> https://mocap.reallusion.com/iClone-faceware-mocap/default.html

For issue reporting, please submit your ticket to the Feedback Tracker.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/33e4438c-7cab-47af-9fec-6041.png

For all questions and inquiries, may we suggest that you first check out the FAQs section before contacting Customer Support as many basic issues are already addressed there.  https://kb.reallusion.com/Product/1225

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6f4acc53-2f1d-4ca0-8109-6b3d.jpg

Edited
7 Years Ago by Grace (RL)
rogyru
rogyru
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Looks like a great new feature. Good luck to RL on this . But for me RL has got the marketing and price wrong on this . There should be a three tier licence option based on income  like you get with most expensive niche software packages these days . I can pick up a copy of HOUDINI INDIE for   $199 a year and thats about as good as it gets .

Tier 1 -full price for large studios etc
Tier 2- small indio teams
Tier 3 -students /Individuals  etc

Such a big investment for some thing that is essentially just a time saver and is already inside of IC7 with the audio lip sync options linked tho the face morphs . There is no new face morphs added to IC7 with this addon. Price will leave a bitter taste in the mouth of many people who supported and purchased IC7.
paulg625
paulg625
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Well not to start another debate as each person has his or her own opinions. I feel Reallusion did a great job bringing a pro software into our reach. I picked up my copy yesterday and hope to be Faceware-in this weekend. 
TheOldBuffer
TheOldBuffer
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
@ Grace

Can you tell me when the SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY OFFER  , ends please?  Thank you

Homebuilt computer - Windoze 10, INTEL i9 9900 k @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA RTX 2080 TI XC ULTRA, 16GB 3100 MHz RAM, Asus  Maximus Hero XI motherboard, Sound blaster Z series. iClone6 & 7 Pipeline, Crazytalk 8, Crazytalk Animator 2, Facefilter, Pop video 3, Hitfilm 4Pro, Cubase 8.5 Pro,

toystorylab
toystorylab
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
TheOldBuffer (9/22/2017)
@ Grace
Can you tell me when the SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY OFFER  , ends please?  Thank you

Same here!

Toystorylab on Vimeo : https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ce44ea78-6984-47d8-9bf4-b783.png    Crassitudes (my "Alter Ego") on Youtube: https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fcc4df30-b3a8-40a5-a427-0735.png

larrygj
larrygj
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (399 reputation)Senior Member (399 reputation)Senior Member (399 reputation)Senior Member (399 reputation)Senior Member (399 reputation)Senior Member (399 reputation)Senior Member (399 reputation)Senior Member (399 reputation)Senior Member (399 reputation)

I agree. Even the $700 price tag for members is too high for what you get. The automatic lip sync, Mixmotions and the face puppet can do the same or better to animate the face. The facial Mocap plugin would have to be around $200 to get me motivated to buy It.

That said, I congratulate RL for constantly upgrading their products. For me, it is the best animation platform out there.
freerange
freerange
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
If you have not used face mocap and have not seen the life it brings into a character especially around the eyes and how challenging that is to get through other methods in addition to the massive time savings you get then you don't know what you are missing. Faceware is a whole different ballgame from trying to knock this out using iClone's built in tools.

Free Range
My IMDB
TopOneTone
TopOneTone
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)

I'm still in the early stages of learning how to use the plug-in so I haven't really formed a view on how good it is, but I think there is no doubt that this is one of those tools that will be highly dependent on the skill of the user. For me it will require changing my approach to animating with Iclone. I have always seen facial animation as difficult and the end result is always the weakest part of the production. I have not seen very many Iclone productions, even by the most skilled Iclone users, that have good facial animation. Historically, it's been a major failing for Iclone, so just applying themselves to addressing this issue is a major step forward for RL.
Yes it is very expensive, particularly if you don't learn how to effectively utilise it, but it surely has the potential to take everyone's production to a new level. For me this investment is well beyond what I could normally justify, particularly after buying IC7+3dx7 pipeline, but I think it's important for me to learn the skills and get my animation to the standard I'm aiming for. So it's an investment / commitment in my skill development.
Finally, I would add that having looked at pricing on the Faceware site, there is absolutely no way I could ever have got access to this technology without RL.
My hope is that I can master the skills, use it effectively and the rewards will justify the investment. I trust RL will support it long term, will refine and evolve it and ensure it doesn't become another Indigo....major commitment, major step forward for everyone is what I want...and a good price on the hair plug-in as a thanks for the huge investment I've made with RL.
Cheers,
Tony
hattori kun
hattori kun
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Do you need to have 3dx 7 to set this up?
Will 3dx 6 be fine?
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
hattori kun (9/23/2017)
Do you need to have 3dx 7 to set this up?
Will 3dx 6 be fine?

It requires iClone 7.02.

Reading This Topic