Live Event performance with iClone 7 plus Faceware and Perception

Posted By Vern_S 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Live Event performance with iClone 7 plus Faceware and Perception

Author
Vern_S
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I have a project for a live performance of a 3D character and currently it's in Unity using an iClone character and f-clone to drive the facial animation captured from a person in another room. I would rather do everything in iClone using Faceware and eventually add the Preception system for full body. Is this possible in iClone 7? Is there a way to go fullscreen on the camera view to facilitate this?

Thanks,
Vern 
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
If I understand what you are asking, there isn't any way to go "full screen" on the Faceware camera capture.  But what you can do is what the pros do -- use a head mounted camera for that performer (you can buy an $$$ one or make one yourself out of a bicycle helmet and a goPro or some similar camcorder).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Note that to do this "live" you'd also need to hardwire this helmet wired camera to your capture station (I don't think there's any wireless solution for such a setup, although it would be interesting to know -- technology *might* have advanced far enough for this purpose).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Vern_S
Vern_S
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)

On this page look for this. This is what I want to do but not showing the iClone interface like it is in the photo..

Benefits of Live Capture Performance Animation

Live Events

Real-time live capture has been well adopted by TV networks, tradeshows, and stage performances, as it brings a high level of virtual actor and audience interaction. By combing Perception Neuron and iClone, you can now turn a 3D character into a live virtual actor, allowing you to instantly impress any target audience.

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Right, and if you look at how they do it in the demos they do as I describe -- a head mounted cam for the face, and Perception for the body.  But you WILL be wired, at least for live performance (you can also just record the video and post process it, but that's a whole different ballgame).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Vern_S
Vern_S
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

I get all of that. What I can't seem to figure out is how to play the live character as a full screen camera view with none of the iClone interface showing.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Oh, I see.  You aren't so concerned with actually making an animation as you are just using iClone as a sort of "display" for whatever it is you are wanting to do.

Hmmm -- if you use dual monitors you can definitely maximize the iClone workplace window but you can't completely eliminate the menu items, for example.  However, if someone put a gun to my head and forced me to do this (in a hurry) my first impulse would be to use a web broadcaster (like OBS or something) where I could adjust exactly the window that's being displayed, and then broadcast that out to another computer or the web.  I *think* that would work but perhaps I'm just not thinking this through.

Good luck with your project, though -- it sounds interesting.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic