Profile Picture

Perception Neuron service has integrity!

Posted By michael7 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
michael7
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I just wanted to come on here and post this up, if anyone has second thoughts about buying a Perception Neuron suit. I bought mine over a year ago and it worked perfectly when I first bought it. I stored it for several months after and when I went to use it again it wouldn't calibrate. After  a lot of testing I saw what was happening but still don't know why. Basically, there are 4 calibration poses. The suit was only allowing me to do the first two poses. When I did the other two the avatar became deformed. I realized through testing it outside on my second computer, that if I faced directly East, and I did the first two poses everything worked perfectly. But any other direction and it wouldn't perform right and it was when I faced directly West I saw what was going on, everything moved in reverse. If I raised my arms they would lower, if I moved them forwards they would bend back. The same thing happened with the feet. The suit was under warranty, but in the warranty it states I am responsible for the shipping costs to have the suit sent back and tested. They paid for it, without me asking. I just talked with the guy, they tested it and can't find anything wrong with it. They are going to do a secondary test before sending it back. We talked about a few things, how I might be able to do a few things here to make it work in case it is just an environmental issue. But, he is also sending a new copy of the software with the suit, he's going to send me the router they used for the testing in case there is a problem with mine. And they are sending an additional hub, which I told them I would gladly send back to them should my original one work after all. In my opinion these guys have really stepped up.
but0fc0ursee
but0fc0ursee
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Great customer support.
But....
Don't let your guard down. (I've seen this happen several times)
"Environment Issue".... YES, but on THEIR SIDE.
what???

Transforms NOT occurring in a given direction..... 
~ Sensor Orientation out of wack.

Opposite rotation occurring is the "Relative Rotation" out of wack.

Reading This Topic