OFFICIAL 3DXchange 7.02 Issues Thread

Posted By Peter (RL) 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Dear 3DXchange Users,

We have another new 3DXchange 7 update and need your continued assistance to help us track down any remaining bugs, glitches or other annoying issues. 

3DXchange 7.02 adds new features and also comes a number of important fixes and enhancements.

Important: If you do find any bugs, issues or glitches in the 7.02 update, please can you report them first in the Feedback Tracker. Then feel free to discuss the issues in this thread. However do make use of the Feedback Tracker first to log the issue.

As always it will help us greatly if we can keep all outstanding issue discussion in the one place (this thread). This will help the development team keep track of any problems.

Please do try to provide your full system specifications and a detailed description of the problem when reporting issues. If you can provide steps so we can try and reproduce the problem this will be even better.

Many Thanks. Smile        

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Peter,

Should we re-verify the issues we've already reported for 7?  I'm thinking, for example, of the billboard bug I reported a couple of days ago (it won't glow, although it did in 5 and 6).  I doubt very much if it was addressed already, but don't know if we need to add a comment if it's still broken or if those bugs will be tested by the development team against this latest release.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
wires
wires
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
Kelleytoons (9/19/2017)
Peter,

Should we re-verify the issues we've already reported for 7?  I'm thinking, for example, of the billboard bug I reported a couple of days ago (it won't glow, although it did in 5 and 6).  I doubt very much if it was addressed already, but don't know if we need to add a comment if it's still broken or if those bugs will be tested by the development team against this latest release.

The Billboard issue is tagged as "Assigned", meaning it's being worked on. SmileCoolSmooooth

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Ascensi
Ascensi
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Problem - Mesh Distortion/deformation on CC Character
I exported an iClone CC body obj to 3DCoat to paint (with keep UV) but in 3DCoat anything I painted on the legs would show up on the head. I was using the spline paint tool. So i thought iClone must have some UV issue that wont work for what I'trying to do (just paint anywhere and the paint stays only in those spots)  So I tried re-importing the model and set to auto-UVs and painting turned out great. It doesn't matter that if I export the mesh out of 3DCoar into 3D exchange or if I copy the UVs from the new model in Zbrush and paste onto the original model, when replacing the Body in 3Dxchange with the new re-mapped UV character the character deforms.

If I start 3D exchange fresh, the obj model imports fine-no distortions.

should having a remapped UV create such problems?   I don't know how I could paint my CC character correctly without making new UVs. -has anyone ran into this before? thanks.
I attached a video to show what happens

Store Page Link 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/906a14b0-c792-4382-99ee-7dfe.jpg
AMD 4.5 GHz 16 Cores  | 128 GB | RTX 4090 | Window11 | Houdini FX 18.5 | Zbrush 2023 | Maya 2014 | Adobe CS6 | Sonar Producer X3 | iC8, CC4 | DTS Master Audio Suite | Perception Neuron 32 Alum Edition | Akeytsu 

Attachments
Edited
7 Years Ago by Ascensi
paulg625
paulg625
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Problem : Convert to non standard grayed out when Bringing in Daz character ( Non Genisis) and BVH motions.
A discussion between KellyToons and FreeRange lead to the conclusion this had to do with the Install and Uninstall of the Pre release version.

Resolution: was to reinstall. I ended up having to reinstall both Iclone and Exchange
animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
Ascensi (10/8/2017)
Problem - Mesh Distortion/deformation on CC Character
I exported an iClone CC body obj to 3DCoat to paint (with keep UV) but in 3DCoat anything I painted on the legs would show up on the head. I was using the spline paint tool. So i thought iClone must have some UV issue that wont work for what I'trying to do (just paint anywhere and the paint stays only in those spots)  So I tried re-importing the model and set to auto-UVs and painting turned out great. It doesn't matter that if I export the mesh out of 3DCoar into 3D exchange or if I copy the UVs from the new model in Zbrush and paste onto the original model, when replacing the Body in 3Dxchange with the new re-mapped UV character the character deforms.

If I start 3D exchange fresh, the obj model imports fine-no distortions.

should having a remapped UV create such problems?   I don't know how I could paint my CC character correctly without making new UVs. -has anyone ran into this before? thanks.
I attached a video to show what happens

There was a discussion about this quite a while ago, and it turns out that altered UV maps will lead to mesh distortion. So it's just not vertex order but also UV map conservation that are important.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

AncientWire
AncientWire
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
In the past I have imported DAZ characters with the iClone Face Key and they work fine.  I have been experimenting the last few days trying to import a DAZ character with full body poses with no success.  I can import a character with no animation successfully, but adding one pose makes 3Dxchange crash.  Adding the iClone Face Key makes 3DXchange crash. I have decimated the character down to 8K faces.  I have reduced the texture size.  I have tried a couple different figures and several different poses from different sets.  I have tried file / open and also drag and drop to open the fbx.
The decimated figure with no poses has an fbx of 3 KB and an image folder of 215 KB. 
The decimated figure with one pose plus a T pose has an fbx of 3.3 KB and an image folder of 215 KB. 
The decimated figure with the face key has an fbx of 18.5 KB and no image folder. 

I can successfully import huge props - Curious Hallway has a 41K KB fbx plus an image folder of 38 MB.  I don’t remember how many faces it has, but there are lots! 

Ah Ha!  I found an old fbx that imported successfully awhile back, and it imports successfully now. 
So now it seems that something changed with the way the new DAZ 4.10 exports -  I updated to that when it came out.

jorgeferherrero
jorgeferherrero
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (358 reputation)Senior Member (358 reputation)Senior Member (358 reputation)Senior Member (358 reputation)Senior Member (358 reputation)Senior Member (358 reputation)Senior Member (358 reputation)Senior Member (358 reputation)Senior Member (358 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hi there. What I have experienced so far is that every time I work on a basic animation editing motion layer making the CC character follow a path blending different mocap animations and I want to export it to FXB or even if I just save it to my library, the result I get is not the same that I have in my iClone editor. Some parts of the character are displaced and many of the subtle adjustments I've done for that character get totally messed up. Why does that happen? Is that a bug, software limitations or I'm just doing something wrong?

Reading This Topic