OFFICIAL iClone 7.02 Issues Thread

Posted By Peter (RL) 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 9 hours ago
Dear iClone Users,

We have another new iClone 7 update and need your continued assistance to help us track down any remaining bugs, glitches or other annoying issues.

iClone 7.02 adds several exciting new features and also comes a number of important fixes and enhancements.

Important: If you do find any bugs, issues or glitches in the 7.02 update, please can you report them first in the Feedback Tracker. Then feel free to discuss the issues in this thread. However do make use of the Feedback Tracker first to log the issue.

As always it will help us greatly if we can keep all outstanding issue discussion in the one place (this thread). This will help the development team keep track of any problems.

Please do try to provide your full system specifications and a detailed description of the problem when reporting issues. If you can provide steps so we can try and reproduce the problem this will be even better.

Many Thanks. Smile 

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
7 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 hours ago
This is a follow up and an extension of an issue that I reported in FT #3385, which concerned a problem with key frames not showing up in the Switcher track when the user switches to another camera.

I have found that in version 7.02 other tracks have started to suffer from the same problem: a key frame is created, but doesn't show up in the track. I added a comment in #3385.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)

Before submitting to Feedback Tracker would like to see if anyone else can confirm this behavior:

An error pops up any time material is loaded. Material is loaded properly though after clicking OK, but maps would not show up until switched to "Traditional" and back to "PBR"
Looks as if there is a bug in the routine right before map icons applied to PBR section.
A bit annoying. See video:

Edited
7 Years Ago by 4u2ges
animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

@4u2ges: This problem has been confirmed and has already been reported in FT: #3565.

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)

animagic (10/15/2017)
@4u2ges: This problem has been confirmed and has already been reported in FT: #3565.

Hmm, suppose I overlooked it while going through the list, because it had status "solved".
I hope I am being too picky, but the "solved" status should be applied after the patch/update release.
Like this one (also with "solved" status), which was important to me at the time 3547 and was reported for v7.01. We are at v7.02, but the billboard still does not glow...

wires
wires
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
If you look at the FT issue tags, there are "Solved" and "Released". The "Solved" ones are there to let users know that the causes of the problem have been found and corrected - these always end up in the next release. The next release may however not always be the one after the issue was reported.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

OK, Thank you for clarification Smile

animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I have an occasional issue where iClone becomes unresponsive in a peculiar way. Any animation I have will no longer play, for example, but I can still save my work, so it is not exactly a freeze or a crash.

I don't have a specific cause or project; it is just happens. Not enough for an FT entry (no steps to provide to reproduce the issue), but I thought I would mention it anyway in case anybody else has noticed.

raxel_67
raxel_67
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Animagic, when the issue occurs again check gpuz to see if the gpu is working, i had a similar issue a while back in which iclone would stop rendering the viewport but everything else was responding, gpu z showed memory being used but no gpu usage, almost like if the video driver had crashed but not completely. What fixed it for me was updating the video drivers... That i had previously updated but this were the faulty drivers nvidia released a couple of months ago. Anyway after updating i have not encountered that issue again
animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

So I checked and GPU-Z shows indeed no GPU activity. That's why obviously I did not see any viewport updates. Thanks for the tip, raxel!

I'm downloading the latest driver, so hopefully that will fix it. 

Reading This Topic