Reallusion Game Engine

Posted By Mythcons 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Mythcons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Greetings,

People say the game engine market is crowded with the likes of Unity and Unreal. I say it's not (having just bought licenses to two different game engines). Reallusion has the all the tools to make fantastic games -- both 2D and 3D -- except for the engine itself. What the market could use is a comprehensive set of tools geared towards one, easy-to-use engine. Reallusion provides the ability to export to other game engines, but the potential and possibility to integrate Reallusions tools into a game engine itself is soooo appealing to me. Remember, game-making is not just for companies and indie studios, it is a well-established hobby.

Reallusion is currently focused on animation. Take it to the next level. You have all the tools, just bring them together.

FYI, iClone is amazing for creating sprites for games. I'm going to display some of my creations soon.
freerange
freerange
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
There are more than just Unity and Unreal although they dominate the market. Game engines are more development platforms than anything in the Reallusion product lineup. iClone is animation software first with game engine like rendering capability. I would rather them continue to focus on bringing up their rendering capability to the levels on Unreal and Unity but optimized for an animation workflow. 

I also don't think they want to compete in a space where stuff is free for many users. 

Free Range
My IMDB
but0fc0ursee
but0fc0ursee
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Mythcons (9/11/2017)
...People say the game engine market is crowded with the likes of Unity and Unreal. I say it's not (having just bought licenses to two different game engines). Reallusion has the all the tools to make fantastic games -- both 2D and 3D -- except for the engine itself. 

The CC mesh is NOT "Game Ready"....
Populate a game with:
~ CC characters "With full clothing / accessories, etc.
"Too Many Open Edges" and way too many uv's for a game to compile.

it's a nice improvement... regards to earlier versions, but real game engines..

DEMAND "Optimized Mesh's."

You purchased (2) licenses, so you must know what "Too Many Draw Calls" will do to ANY game....
Crash every time. It will NOT compile.

Reallusion could easily make CC "Game Ready"
but....

They shoot themselves in the foot by NOT selling packs.
Optimized Mesh's are (Welded Shut)...

At Most:
~ 1 body and 1 head
~ 2 Maps
~ NO Interchanging cloth garments, accessories, NOR ANYTHING ELSE.
Edited
7 Years Ago by but0fc0ursee

Reading This Topic