Profile Picture

Proper Daz->3DXchange->iClone->Unreal Engine 4 process?

Posted By samwhite 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
samwhite
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (451 reputation)Senior Member (451 reputation)Senior Member (451 reputation)Senior Member (451 reputation)Senior Member (451 reputation)Senior Member (451 reputation)Senior Member (451 reputation)Senior Member (451 reputation)Senior Member (451 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hello friends! I'm relatively new to the whole Reallusion family. I've been poking at the Pipeline suite of tools I just recently purchased and watching various YouTube tutorials. I'm relative experienced with Daz, and I was wondering about the easiest way to get a character properly integrated into Unreal Engine 4. I've got the newest set of tools, iClone and 3dxchange 7, and have made a little progress. I've applied the duf files and got it imported from Daz to 3dxchange and finally to iclone. However when I export from iClone to Unreal Engine(using the unreal engine option in export settings) , and assign the UE4 Standard Maneqinn skeleton, it throws a bunch of errors at me about the rigging. Am I missing something? How should I go about getting characters from Daz into UE4 using the Pipeline? Any help would be appreciated. 
HitEmUp
HitEmUp
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (344 reputation)Senior Member (344 reputation)Senior Member (344 reputation)Senior Member (344 reputation)Senior Member (344 reputation)Senior Member (344 reputation)Senior Member (344 reputation)Senior Member (344 reputation)Senior Member (344 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hi Samewhite,

i use successfully this tutorial here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3iS164uTgc
Do u get errors or warnings? Maybe we can help you, if u copy the message u get in UE4.

BUT: Same here, get my character from DAZ throug XChange to iClone. Can make facial animation as well.
When i import my character to ue4 i get one warning:
"The following bones are missing from the bind pose: Genesis2Female.Shape, ValCharmH.Shape. LaLloronaDress_19038.Shape 
This can happen for bones that are not vert weighted. If they are not in the correct orientation after importing,
please set the "Use T0 as ref pose" option or add them to the bind pose and reimport the skeletal mesh."

But it works, everything is fine, also my animation. But facial animation won't work. I don't know why, no warnings no errors while importing the animation with facial (Motion plus).
The Animation work then but not the faceial animation. Yes, i use motionplus and in XChange everithing looks ok include faceial animation.

Someone a idea or successfully do it?

Bests Sam

Reading This Topic