making the garry pye little mate policeman wear a hat

Posted By estherau 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
estherau
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (918 reputation)Veteran Member (918 reputation)Veteran Member (918 reputation)Veteran Member (918 reputation)Veteran Member (918 reputation)Veteran Member (918 reputation)Veteran Member (918 reputation)Veteran Member (918 reputation)Veteran Member (918 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Help please - I bought this little guy but i can't find his hat anywhere. i 've looked in props and in sprites.  does he not come with a hat?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
The hat can be found by taking the character into Composer mode. Then select the Prop tab in Content Manager and look for a GarryPye > Props folder where the hat should be.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
7 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
estherau
estherau
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (918 reputation)Veteran Member (918 reputation)Veteran Member (918 reputation)Veteran Member (918 reputation)Veteran Member (918 reputation)Veteran Member (918 reputation)Veteran Member (918 reputation)Veteran Member (918 reputation)Veteran Member (918 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Thanks for your reply.
but that's the main problem.  The hat is definitely not in the garry pye props folder. I"ve emailed him yesterday but so far have not received a reply.  I wonder if the installer was faulty. I even tried reinstalling.

Another problem whilst we are on the subject of hats.  When i take a character into the composer mode, and bring in a prop hat (I have officer malone's hat), i cannot seem to bring the hat into position ie the position tool doesn't seem to work.  Don't know if it is a mac bug. I would really like to save the officer malone character with hat and badge an gun.

garylearntech
garylearntech
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi Estherau

Little Mates Police definitely has a hat available – and it's an independent prop, not a replacement sprite.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9f69dd89-fd86-4247-a355-f352.jpg

When I've purchased Little Mates – direct from Garry – in the past, I've only ever downloaded the individual files; there's no installer as such.  Once downloaded, the files have to be manually installed to the correct folders.   I wonder if you've overlooked that step when you got your Police character?  Can you go back and double-check your Downloads folder?  One of the files which Garry always includes is a Info sheet ("instruction sheet.jpg") which guides your installs.  Then check for "additional prop files.zip" – this is the file inside of which you'll find the hat ("police hat.ctProp") amongst other things – which you'll then have to copy to the correct location.

Hope this helps…

---
Cartoon Animator 4 Pipeline (always the current production version, unless otherwise stated)
Mac mini M1, macOS Big Sur (11.6.5)
Signature data last updated 2022-05-15

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
estherau (9/5/2017)
Thanks for your reply.
but that's the main problem.  The hat is definitely not in the garry pye props folder. I"ve emailed him yesterday but so far have not received a reply.  I wonder if the installer was faulty. I even tried reinstalling.

Another problem whilst we are on the subject of hats.  When i take a character into the composer mode, and bring in a prop hat (I have officer malone's hat), i cannot seem to bring the hat into position ie the position tool doesn't seem to work.  Don't know if it is a mac bug. I would really like to save the officer malone character with hat and badge an gun.

When you install anything using the Content Downloader you can save a log file when installation is complete. Check the log and it should show where the hat was installed.

Regarding moving a prop, you should just need to place the mouse cursor inside the prop and it will turn into a 4 headed arrow. Then you should be able to move the prop around.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

garrypye
garrypye
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Hi Estherau. Have you resolved this issue and found the hat? Sorry, I only just saw this message now. 

If anyone ever has any problem with any of my content EVER, then please contact me direct via garrypye@bigpond.net.au and I will respond as fast as possible. There is always a solution to any problem and I'm here to help. 

Garry Pye
www.facebook.com/garrypyeanimations?ref=bookmarks

Reading This Topic