Crazytalk 8.12.3204.1 keeps crashing and does not remember settings

Posted By epuntn 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Crazytalk 8.12.3204.1 keeps crashing and does not remember settings

Author
epuntn
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (321 reputation)Senior Member (321 reputation)Senior Member (321 reputation)Senior Member (321 reputation)Senior Member (321 reputation)Senior Member (321 reputation)Senior Member (321 reputation)Senior Member (321 reputation)Senior Member (321 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Bought Crazytalk 8.12 pipeline last week.
Created a head and sometimes CT8 crashed but ok...
Now I am fine tuning the head, Automotion set to Nonsense song, and finetuning the lips editor for every word in a 3 minute song.

CT8 keeps crashing randomly....sometimes after 2 minutes sometimes after 40 minutes.
Have to save project after every change I make...
Setting automation to nonsense song, SAVE...finetune automation...SAVE....open lips editor and start finetunning first 3 words...SAVE....
Scrolling on the timebar to listen to the words and placing the right mouth shapes on the track.
CT8 crashes , programma has to shot down...
Restart and reload project....face comes back but my automotion is back to automation1....??? WTF??? all my motion settings are gone.
And the changes to the lips are gone.

What is this for a programma?? where is the auto save function??? Going to sent this message to technical helpdesk to and see what they have to say for it or I will ask my money back.

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
this could be so many things that probably the easiest thing to do is just uninstall the software,  clean your registry ( because there are always remnants after uninstall,  and many times those cause problems )  and doing a fresh install. 

the things that can cause this can be anything from a corrupted file,anti-virus false flag,  to mixed up registry entries if you used the demo first....
for all the time you'd spend finding the cause,  you'd be better off going right to a cure.   If there's still a problem after this,  then you know it's something happening in your system or possibly security software. why ?   because more people would be complaining about the same issue if it was the software causing it.   This is the first i hear of this error,  but I've seen similar errors and it's always been something else impeding the software,  and not the software impeding itself.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi Epuntn,

Sorry to hear you are having problems with CrazyTalk 8.

I'm using the Windows version and CrazyTalk 8 and it is extremely stable and never crashes. There must be something else causing the crash like graphics drivers. You might want to make sure your system is fully updated, especially the graphics drivers, and then if the problem persists, contact our Technical Support department for further help. You can use the link below to post a support ticket.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.aspx

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

epuntn
epuntn
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (321 reputation)Senior Member (321 reputation)Senior Member (321 reputation)Senior Member (321 reputation)Senior Member (321 reputation)Senior Member (321 reputation)Senior Member (321 reputation)Senior Member (321 reputation)Senior Member (321 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Thanks people for your replies.

Sorry I did not answer before, I was on a vacation for 3 weeks...
I reinstalled everything I have from Reallusion ( and deleted all trash files )
So let's hope it will work like it should be...
Christmas is coming and I need to do A WHOLE lot of things before that. haha.
Keep you posted.

Reading This Topic