Character creator teenager

Posted By makeurmark 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
makeurmark
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Is it possible to creat my own character based on the teenage generation?
Is there a morph slider that will adjust the age of the base character?

Thanks
Kelleytoons
This post has been flagged as an answer
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
There's no built in "age" slider -- you can buy the Character Essential Morphs (and IMOH they ARE essential) which include some sliders for characters that are rather teenage like (Bunny and Althena come to mind) and they help with the basic look, along with the full body scale slider -- with these three sliders you can fairly quickly get a teenage character base that you could then alter the facial and other characteristics with and would be what I would do if I needed such a teenage character (although these are centered around females -- let me try quickly to see what happens when I try a male.  Ah, Winston, Slim and Peter work well with that, along with the body scale).

So if you get that essential pack (and, again, you really shouldn't use CC without it) then you can in seconds create teenage characters.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
makeurmark
This post has been flagged as an answer
makeurmark
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Thanks Kelleytoons, much appreciated...
makeurmark
makeurmark
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Before I spend loads of cash. I need "CC Essentials Morphs & Skin (Export Versio" and "ToKoMotion Teens Morph Collection (Export Version"?
I'm not really interested in clothing as I will be making my own. Anything else I need to look for? Like "Visual Essentials"?
KellyToons - What is IMOH?
Thanks
Edited
7 Years Ago by themarkcymru
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

I actually meant IMHO ("In my humble opinion").  My old fingers mistyped.

You definitely need the Essentials -- I was able to create teenage characters without TokoMotions teen collection but it certainly wouldn't hurt.  But you could always wait and see (because it's most likely not in any sort of package -- you can nearly always get Essentials packaged for a good price, if you are buying XChange at the same time, which it sounds like you need).

On that same subject -- you are going to be exporting these, right?  And not using in iClone?  That's the only reason you'd need the export versions.  And remember that XChange Pipeline is the version you need for export (for working inside of iClone you never really need it).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
makeurmark
makeurmark
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks Kellytoons.
I'll leave TokoMotionns teen collection for now and give your workflow a go.
There may be a little DAZ Studio involved depending on how well Character Creator deals with face morphs.
ZBrush is definitely involved in my pipeline as well as marvellous Designer and Substance Designer/Painter, so XChange is all ready in my basket.
makeurmark
makeurmark
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Is DAZ Genesis Extension part of 3D Exchange or is it separate?
I'm just getting really confused with the bundles at the moment.
Pipeline or Pro - the only difference here is that pipeline has "Curve Editor Plug-in for iClonne" included, but I would imagine that 3DXchange would be the main element for a pipeline.

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I'm no Daz expert (so far from it it's laughable, although right at the moment I'm up to my elbows in trying to get the content out of it into iClone) but I do think the Genesis thingee comes with XChange.  Let me look in my orders...

Yeah, it came with it for free.  You need Pipeline if you want to EXPORT from iClone.  If you are only looking to import stuff you don't need that version.  So if you want to use your models in some other program then you have to have Pipeline but if you are just trying to bring everything into iClone you only need the regular version.  For a long time I only had the regular version but I upgraded to Pipeline for the free curve editor (which will only be useful inside of iClone).  

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
makeurmark
makeurmark
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks again Kelltytoons for all of you advice.
The more I look at the available bundles the more I get confused. It really nothing but straight forward.
I am debating as to whether to opt for the PRO version first, before upgrading to the pipeline version, because I will eventually look to export models from iClone.
I have tried out the facial morphs inside Character Creator, but it looks like I will need more morph options, so I will need to purchase the "CC Essential Morphs & Skin" package".
I have all ready created a few characters inside DAZ Studio where there are hundreds of facial morphs for Genesis 3, but then things start to fall down during the animation pipeline.
Poser doesn't offer as many facial morphs as DAZ Studio. Finding reallusions software seemed to be the way forward for me.
I have 30 days to get my head around what I will need from reallusion, so I suppose time will tell.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

You haven't explained what your goal is, but it sounds like you want to animate, and iClone is absolutely the best tool for animation out there, in terms of cost ratio (you can spend a LOT more to get the professional tools but both the price and the learning curve are much steeper).

If your goal is just to animate you don't need to worry about the Pipeline version, but OTOH because the Pipeline comes with the free curve plugin that will normally cost $150 (and, again, if you animate it will be well worth it to you to have this) you really will do better to just buy Pipeline now.  I did for that exact reason, although I don't need Pipeline otherwise.

And, yes, the packages are confusing.  If you think to yourself what you *really* need (say iClone, XChange Pipeline and the Essential Morphs) you can see what package might offer that and what else you might get for slightly more (it never hurts to have more clothes and more motions, so you have to weigh what they will cost eventually).  But don't make too big a bite to begin with, as RL always has sales on all this stuff once you get the initial software.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic