Asking for help with emitter

Posted By fsilva 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
fsilva
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Hello! I was able to import a Statue of Liberty model from 3D Warehouse. After tweaking it in iClone 7, it looks really cool. However, the flame is static. It occurred to me that if I could apply the Real Fire Emitter by BiggsTrek it would look even better, and it really does! However, I'm trying to create a camera pan and zoom. When I do this, the flame doesn't stay on the SoL's torch, and it doesn't grow and shrink proportionally. Is there a technique to parent the statue to the emitter, or vice-versa? Thanks! 
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
this is a long shot,  but i've had that happen to me....

in my case,  I aligned the effect from a distance,  ....but when i came very close to the object,  it was way way off .....so you can think you aligned something,  but it's not really aligned ......kinda like when you put your hand up and pretend to hold the moon,   that works for a still image but not a video camera   - zoom in up close to your particle effect and make sure you are in fact right on the torch. 

If this doesn't fix the problem,  then go to frame 1,  right click on the particle effect,  select "remove animation"  -  just incase you accidentally added a motion to the file.  This is an easy mistake since iclone is always in record.

and there is a technique i use that uses this idea in its favor,  say for example,  I want a whole area to look foggy,  I'll take the fog and attach it to the camera so it moves wherever I'm filming,  instead of flooding the scene with particle effects to cover the whole terrain. so this is both a technique and a potential error lol

Edited
7 Years Ago by planetstardragon
fsilva
fsilva
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Thanks! That EXACTLY what happened to me! Your close up solution worked. However, the emitter flame looks like a matchstick at that close-up level. So my current issue is trying to resize the emitter at close-up level. Being a newbie, it's not anything I've ever done before. 
Skuzzlebutt
Skuzzlebutt
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
lining stuff up in 3 dimensions you use the keys a-s-d-f-g-j which are left-right-top bottom-front-back camera views
(must have particle selected)

as for the size go to emitter settings section and increase the volume numbers on xy and z
the overall size is located just above this section,
there is also quota (total amount of particles) and emit rate ( how many per second)
adjust these if density is too low or high.

you generally have to play with everything i mentioned above until you achieve the look you need.

Edited
7 Years Ago by budbundy
fsilva
fsilva
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks for your response! It made things a lot easier! Kind regards, Frank

Reading This Topic