Content not installing despite login.

Posted By tusky 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
tusky
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (568 reputation)Veteran Member (568 reputation)Veteran Member (568 reputation)Veteran Member (568 reputation)Veteran Member (568 reputation)Veteran Member (568 reputation)Veteran Member (568 reputation)Veteran Member (568 reputation)Veteran Member (568 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Im looking to install some content I had.Went ahead and logged in to my account with the reallusion installer,but despite 2 days of trying last weekend ,keep getting
                                      Failed to connect to web service. Please check your internet connection
 everytime.The installer downloads but doesnt load the content into iclone7.The firewall is disabled and Ive allowed the installer access to the internet but..........heres quick screen shot....
Just to clarify,the content is compatible with IC7
Edited
7 Years Ago by tusky
tusky
tusky
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (568 reputation)Veteran Member (568 reputation)Veteran Member (568 reputation)Veteran Member (568 reputation)Veteran Member (568 reputation)Veteran Member (568 reputation)Veteran Member (568 reputation)Veteran Member (568 reputation)Veteran Member (568 reputation)

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4c13603f-5257-4189-ab3c-4d2f.jpg
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
i've had this happen,  never figured out what caused it,  it was fixed with an updated version in my case. so my guess is make sure you have latest version,  if you do,  then you may want to consider a fresh install...other than that,  it's not an uncommon issue,  i've seen it before,  and read about others having it -  just have no idea why.

tusky
tusky
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Thx for the heads-up.Well,I tried again yesterday and what happens is that the files download to
 C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Local\Reallusion\RLCntDownloader       
but it doesnt install and the files disappear.I just dont want to go back and do fresh install.Too much of a hussle.Id do it if Im sure 100% its gonna work.
I also tried the steps here
https://kb.reallusion.com/General/50341/How-to-fix-Failed-to-connect-to-the-internet-error-when-execute-the-Installcontentrlcontent-for-Windows-OS
to no avail.Just wondering why RL has to use a one installer method for content.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 53 minutes ago
Hi Tusky,

Sorry to hear you are having problems installing your content.

The most common cause of connection issues is when you are using a proxy connection or your security software is blocking access to our servers.

1) Please try the following steps:
a) Go to "Start" > "Control Panel" > "Network and Internet" > "Internet Options" > "Connections" tab.
b) Now click on the "LAN Settings" button to see if you are using a Proxy Server. Please uncheck this option if it is currently selected and try again.

2) Please temporarily disable any security program - such as software firewall, hardware (router) firewall, antivirus and ad-blockers from toolbars - that may interfere with the instaaltion process. Once complete, please turn back on.

I hope the above can help you. If it doesn't help, please contact Technical Support using the link below. They will be able to advise you further.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.aspx

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
7 Years Ago by Peter (RL)

Reading This Topic