Profile Picture

Adjustable FPS for projects

Posted By samwell 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
samwell
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (330 reputation)Senior Member (330 reputation)Senior Member (330 reputation)Senior Member (330 reputation)Senior Member (330 reputation)Senior Member (330 reputation)Senior Member (330 reputation)Senior Member (330 reputation)Senior Member (330 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Apologies if this has been requested before. I did search the forum before posting but could find very little in the way of this topic, at least, nothing encouraging! I am new to Reallusion world but I love it so far. I am a professional animator working in both 2D and 3D. We're making a film with Character Creator and Iclone right now. I *was* hoping to use CTA3 for a bunch of 2D corporate cartoons this week but I was gobsmacked to learn that the FPS is seemingly hard-coded to 30. See - I live in the UK where video and animation is made at 24 or 25 fps. Suddenly CTA's - "Animation for all" tag rings a bit hollow.... Sad

When it's been mentioned here before it seems the suggestions have always been to convert to 25fps on export but... this is not really a solution to the fundamental workflow problem. Our pencil animatics are made in 25fps and the character animation we produce is further composited in After Effects, again at 25fps. It's therefore practically impossible to animate anything accurately with CTA in the middle of that if it's stuck on 30fps. This seems like a crazy oversight! For a piece of software with so many powerful tools (including time warping) on it's 3rd major release I find this flaw rather astonishing. So my gigantic wish (preferably to come true at the beginning of next week) would be an option to work in 24 or 25 fps as well as 30 fps. Otherwise, CTA will sadly go into the novelty draw in my studio for the odd GIF while I head back to Moho for serious work which is a great shame because it seems CTA3 really is capable of being so much more.

Thanks for listening and many fingers crossed
freerange
freerange
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Agreed and yes, I have talked to Reallusion for a couple years about this. Right now it is a lot of math to do the conversions and work out the frames for matching. You should really be able to set any frame rate for a project and even if the engine runs at X FPS it handles conversions for you. 

Free Range
My IMDB

Reading This Topic