2018 Content Roadmap & Marketing Campaign

Posted By Miranda (RL) 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
SeanMac
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
@animagic. I agree, but hair is hard.

Home Built in Coolermaster ATX case with GigabyteGA-Z170X-GAMING 7 MoBo, i7-6700 @ 3.4 Ghz, Asus GeForce GTX 970 Graphics Card, 32GbDDR4 RAM, 4K & HD monitors, Huion H610 Pro Graphics Tablet, Kinect v2, LogitechWebcam, Win 10 64 Bit OS

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
That's why we need RL to supply it (at a cost, but definitely supply it).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
toppro77
toppro77
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (555 reputation)Veteran Member (555 reputation)Veteran Member (555 reputation)Veteran Member (555 reputation)Veteran Member (555 reputation)Veteran Member (555 reputation)Veteran Member (555 reputation)Veteran Member (555 reputation)Veteran Member (555 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Kelly,
I believe there were some classic hair styles for version 4. I have them in my arsenal. They need modified to work on later versions but they are adaptable. I do agree though that there are other classics that need to be available and updated for the current version of characters. That was one thing I looked for early on in buying Iclone and found almost none. 
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

If they were for version 4 I doubt whether they looked anywhere near as realistic as the ones nowadays, with opacity mapping and fine strands.  As such, they wouldn't be useful for any CC character (the only ones most of us are interesting in).  For background characters I have lots of things I can use -- for my main ones I need the classic styles.

Still hoping to see some photos from Miranda to give me at least an idea on how much trouble and work I'm going to have to go through (because if they don't supply them I will have to bite the bullet and do it myself).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi Mike, the first hair pack contains 5 hairstyles, I will post the content and its reference next week!

Kelleytoons (9/7/2017)
If they were for version 4 I doubt whether they looked anywhere near as realistic as the ones nowadays, with opacity mapping and fine strands.  As such, they wouldn't be useful for any CC character (the only ones most of us are interesting in).  For background characters I have lots of things I can use -- for my main ones I need the classic styles.

Still hoping to see some photos from Miranda to give me at least an idea on how much trouble and work I'm going to have to go through (because if they don't supply them I will have to bite the bullet and do it myself).

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

That would be nice, Miranda.

And I'm encouraged you imply this is only the first -- I really don't think we can have TOO many hairstyles for Character Creator, as it's the one area we are sorely lacking.  

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I know you've had lots of excitement there at RL about the FW stuff, but I'd still love to see some samples of the upcoming hair styles, Miranda (if nothing more than to tell me what I will need to work on in the absence of what I need).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)

Hi everyone, sorry for breaking my promise to share the images and info this week.
Most of the resources are allocated on the launch of iClone Faceware Facial Mocap and Battle Mech Series, I will fight for the resource to show you something next week!

@ Mike, I would like to keep secret for the sneak preview, do you mind telling me the exact hairstyle you need for the project? (let me PM you)

joel.lovell
joel.lovell
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
Please - cant you release these content packs at a lower price point? They are just way out of reach of hobbyists. I would think you would do better with a fast nickel than a slow dime.
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I didn't join the process in product planning nor price setting, but the decision making process is strict and structural as I know.
I'm not sure what price, quantity, quality you are expected, have you visited Reallusion Marketplace? There are many good items created by developers, and the scale of each pack is rather smaller, so they should be affordable.
We also regularly release packs in Marketplace after their launches in Content Store, you may pick up a single items there.
https://city.reallusion.com/store/iclone

Reading This Topic