Profile Picture

Custom clothing -- old process no longer works.

Posted By Mythcons 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Mythcons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Greetings,

Been trying to rig and import a custom robe using the old method of importing clothing -- which involves attaching the clothes to the rig, then copying the weight maps. I use Maya LT and this method has never failed until recently. Character Creator crashes at 21% during the import process. This started for me about a month ago, but I was busy with other projects and didn't get back to filing a tech issue until now. This issues follows me with every single piece of clothing I create.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
paulg625
paulg625
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Make sure you post this on the feedback tracker. Think about anything you have recently updated. What version CC are you using ? if CC2 did you try CC1 (if you have it) make sure the problem is on Reallusion's side. List all this in the Feedback tracker it will help them to where to look.
Mythcons
Mythcons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

I no longer have the Character Creator v1. I was hoping that someone else had experienced this issue, so they could confirm that this issue exists (and thus not a problem on my side), but apparently I'm alone in experiencing this.
but0fc0ursee
but0fc0ursee
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Mythcons (8/29/2017)
I no longer have the Character Creator v1. I was hoping that someone else had experienced this issue, so they could confirm that this issue exists (and thus not a problem on my side), but apparently I'm alone in experiencing this.

t's not the first, nor the last time you'll lose functionality. Save each stable version.
...you'll wish you did.

Delerna
Delerna
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

I use Blender and not Maya so I cannot suggest what your problem is.

But I can say that I have that problem from time to time. Mostly it is because I have done something that I didn't realise but also I believe it is that sometimes Blender has done something that the CC's import code has not been enabled to handle and therefore crashes. Seeing as this is happening to you with every clothing you create maybe your version of Maya is doing something that CC cant handle?
So you really should do as suggested by Paulg625. Reallusion will probably ask you for one of your cloth items so they can test it out and fix it if that is the case.

i7-3770 3.4GHz CPU 16 GB Ram   
GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
but0fc0ursee
but0fc0ursee
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Maya LT is very stable. If you didn't recently have an Maya update.....
Did you recently update iClone within the last month?

....all old methods are replaced at one point... to make way for $$....
"I mean for new and better functionality."
Edited
7 Years Ago by but0fc0ursee
Delerna
Delerna
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

Just to expand what I said. I wasn't suggesting the problem was with Maya or with Blender either.
I was suggesting that maybe Maya is adding something that works fine for Maya but CC's code has not been written to handle it.

CC is supposed to support many 3D modelling programs "Maya being one of them" for creation of clothes.
Seeing as it is CC that is crashing then it is CC that has the problem. Actually, I think that even when I do something wrong or unusual ... CC should not crash.
It should just let me know something is wrong, but not crash. I actually think there is not enough error checking code in CC and that is why it crashes.
It does crash fairly often for me when importing clothing.....very annoying

i7-3770 3.4GHz CPU 16 GB Ram   
GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
AasmundSchei
AasmundSchei
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hello, I dont know if you have been able to fix it, but if you follow these steps to the book you will be able to import custom items to CharacterCreator 2:

(Tutorial by Vidi)

Desktop
: ASUS ROG Maximus IX Formula - 16GB ram - i7 7700K Kaby Lake @ 4.2ghz - ASUS GeForce ROG 1080 8GB Strix advanced - M.2 NVMe: Samsung 960 500GB - Windows 10 home

Edited
7 Years Ago by aasmund22
Mythcons
Mythcons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

aasmund22 (9/16/2017)
Hello, I dont know if you have been able to fix it, but if you follow these steps to the book you will be able to import custom items to CharacterCreator 2:

(Tutorial by Vidi)

Sorry for the late reply. Your view was very helpful in helping me adjust my settings, but I'm running in to the same problem. Character Creator crashes at 21% during import.
Edited
7 Years Ago by Mythcons
J__s
J__s
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (329 reputation)Senior Member (329 reputation)Senior Member (329 reputation)Senior Member (329 reputation)Senior Member (329 reputation)Senior Member (329 reputation)Senior Member (329 reputation)Senior Member (329 reputation)Senior Member (329 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hi ,
when you import the Character file into Maya did you tick the group thing , try to not to  , see does that work     

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/71a2d0c3-2a16-42c7-a7f7-142b.jpg

Reading This Topic